Black Bear Hunting
Next to whitetail deer, black bear hunting may be the most popular big game hunt.
It’s actually quite surprising that guided bear hunting isn’t more expensive. Especially considering all that is involved…preparing bait sites in remote areas, training hounds, etc. With so many choices out there, it can be hard to sort through all of the cheap hunts to find a good one. Luckily, we can help.
- Some states and provinces offer spring hunts where you can hunt over bait from a tree stand or blind.
- Some states allow bear hunting with dogs.
- In the East, drives are a traditional and successful method.
- In Western regions, hunts are typically spot-and-stalk, and calling can also be effective.
- Another cool thing about black bears is that not all of them are black. They come in a variety of color phases. and we know where to send you if that’s what you’re after.
28 States and all of Canada have black bear hunting seasons.
Which area you choose to hunt, depends on your personal preferences.
Do you want to hunt over bait? With dogs or spot-and-stalk? You need to also consider if you want a classic black coloration, or a “color phase” bear. Is trophy size important to you? If so, you need to hunt where big bears live. Just contact us for help all of that out.Request Pricing or More Information