10 Reasons You Need to Consider Travel Insurance
When you travel, especially when you are going on a hunt or fishing trip to a remote location, things often don’t go well…. that’s just the way life is. But, luckily for you we’re here, day or night, rain or shine.
Here are 10 reasons we think you should consider travel insurance for your next trip:
- It’s 10PM. You’ve just landed at the airport from a grueling hunt to catch your connect home. You’re tired and want your own bed since you’ve been sleeping on the ground in a tent for a week. But now, you just found out your flight has been cancelled. This isn’t fun. So, who will find you a flight home?
- You’ve lost your bag. And your bag had your meds. So you need to find your bag ASAP. Who can help you find that bag or refill your emergency prescription?
- Ah, Africa. You’ve waited your whole life to book this Safari. But someone just stole your passport and wallet. Yikes! You need emergency cash. You need a new passport. You need someone who can get things done fast. Who is that someone?
- Uh oh. You’re on a remote fishing trip in Bolivia and got in an accident and the medical treatment you need is not happening way out there. That means a medical evacuation. Are you going to coordinate all of that alone after you’ve been in an accident?
- Your extended family has been planning the annual float trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho for months. But hours before you take off, your sister-in-law gets too sick to go. So everyone decides to cancel. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments? Who can help with reimbursement?
- You arrive in Kyrgyzstan, but your luggage is lost. Who will find it? Who will pay for your travel necessities until you are reunited with your beloved bag? And if it is gone for good (we’re sorry), who will cover all the stuff you just lost?
- The trip sounded amazing, so you booked it. But then your cruise line, airline or outfitter goes bankrupt. Yes, it happens. So what about the non-refundable expenses? And who can get you to your destination now?
- You’re hunting mule deer in Mexico. It’s amazing. Then suddenly, ouch, you twist your ankle big time jumping out of the high rack. You need a doctor, but not just any doctor. One who preferably understands English. Okay, how will you find this doctor in a foreign country?
- A reality is that terror can strike anywhere. Three weeks before your elk hunt in Montana, an incident occurs where you are headed. Maybe you still go. Or maybe you decide to cancel your trip. If you do, who is going to get your money back?
- Sun. Sand. Water. There’s nothing like the serenity of a beach resort. Unless a hurricane blows through and spoils the fun. Now, you can’t stay in the resort and need to be evacuated out. Who gets you out? Who reimburses you for the lost beach days?
|ACCIDENT AND SICKNESS MEDICAL EXPENSES||$25000.00||Per Insured|
|ACCIDENTAL DEATH/DISMEMBERMENT||$10000.00||Per Insured|
|BAGGAGE AND PERSONAL EFFECTS||$1000.00||Per Insured|
|BAGGAGE DELAY||$300.00||Per Insured|
|BUSINESS ASSISTANCE SERVICES||Included||Per Insured|
|CANCEL FOR BUSINESS REASONS||Included||Per Insured|
|CONCIERGE SERVICES||Included||Per Insured|
|EMERGENCY EVACUATION AND REPATRIATION OF REMAINS||$500000.00||Per Insured|
|IDENTITY THEFT ASSISTANCE SERVICES||Included||Per Insured|
|LIVETRAVEL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE||Included||Per Insured|
|MISSED CONNECTION||$250.00||Per Insured|
|PERSONAL SECURITY ASSISTANCE||Included||Per Insured|
|TRAVEL MEDICAL ASSISTANCE||Included||Per Insured|
|TRIP CANCELLATION||100% Trip Cost||Per Insured|
|TRIP DELAY||$750.00 *$150.00 Payout Limit Per Day||Per Insured|
|TRIP INTERRUPTION||150% Trip Cost||Per Insured|
|TRIP INTERRUPTION – RETURN AIR||$750.00||Per Insured|
|WORLD WIDE TRAVEL ASSISTANCE||Included||Per Insured|
15 Day Benefits
|DEFAULT/BANKRUPTCY||100% Trip Cost||Per Insured|
|FLIGHT GUARD $50,000||$50000.00||Per Insured|
|MEDICAL EXPENSE PRIMARY||Included||Per Insured|
|MISSED CONNECTION UPGRADE||$250.00||Per Insured|
|PRE-EXISTING CONDITION WAIVER||Included||Per Insured|
*Expenses incurred from third-party vendors for assistance services not part of a filed insurance plan are the responsibility of the traveler.
|Medical Expense and Emergency Evacuation Upgrade|
|EMERGENCY EVACUATION & REPATRIATION UPGRADE||$500000.00||Per Insured|
|MEDICAL COVERAGE UPGRADE||$25000.00||Per Insured|