Idaho Black Bear Hunt
Idaho black bear hunt – May 5, 2018
Arrived at camp the day before the hunt started and I had my own small cabin to stay in. Food was good, guides were fabulous! The first night hunt, I was hunting over bait in a ground blind. After about a 3 hour sit a nice boar came into the bait with a sow. One shot into his boiler room and he dropped dead in 20 yards. He was a BIG bear at over 300 lbs and 7 foot.
Did some turkey hunting too, but the gobblers wouldn’t leave their hens and come to a call. I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy hunt bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more. Friendly, and very hard working guides.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were good.
- My consultant was Matt Cervantes.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
Can we use this in social media? Yes