We had our minds made up well before the hunt was over that we wanted to come back in 2016, and luckily we were able to book it again. I for one absolutely cant wait for the day we fly back into the Frank Church Wilderness.
Date: November, 2015
My dad and I each killed nice mule deer. He killed his on the ride to camp on the first day after passing on three other nice deer. It was probably 150-155″ four point. He probably should have waited but being trigger happy is in his nature. On day two we saw at least 100 deer and I lost count how many bucks. I would guess 10 of them were four points. On day three I shot a beautiful buck that is around 170″, 23″ wide and a perfectly symmetrical 4×4. It was amazing where the guides were able to get the horses and mules so that there was no packing involved.
The next day we had a buck a little better than my dads walk right into camp. We took pictures of him for a few minutes while he raked his antlers on a tree and chased around a few does that were eating the feed that the horses hadn’t cleaned up. On the ride out the following day we saw another ten bucks or so without even looking, and one that was significantly bigger than either we had taken.
- How likely will you be to refer friends to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication? Excellent
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Good
- How would you rate the outfitters lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation: Excellent
- Was your hunt successful? Successful
- Were you happy with your trophy and the overall experience? Yes we were very happy and we booked it again right away.
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Moderate
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? No