Typical Itinerary for a Hungary Roe Deer Hunt
Daily schedule was 5:00 to 9:00 am hunting and 5:00 to 9:00 pm hunting. Everything else is flexible (lunch, breakfast and dinner included).
- Day One – On the first day, you’ll drive to the lodge, eat dinner, meet the outfitter and received information for the following morning’s hunt in English.
- Day Two – Woke up. Moved to the dining room, met our guides and teamed up for the hunt. Typical load out was two hunters per guide and a driver for each vehicle. Our guide was apprised of our trophy choice. This should be confirmed prior to departing the base station. On the first day of our hunt, we took three bucks in the morning, and two in the evening.
- Day Three – Hunters that had already harvested their bucks went fishing. We took three bucks in the morning, and four bucks in the evening.
- Day Four – We made a trip to Budapest was organized for hunters that were finished hunting. Fishing was again available. Three bucks were taken in the morning, which brought an end to the hunting, and we began close out procedures. Average of 3 bucks taken for each 4 hour hunting period. 15 Bucks harvested ranging from 455 Grams to 250 Grams. 100% of the party was happy with the hunting trip as a whole.
- Day Five – Ceremony held with staff and guides. European skull mounts for all deer brought and showed. Pictures taken, awards given etc. etc. Good times had by all. Many pictures and lots of video of this event. Some of the hunting party departed that afternoon and some stayed. The group that stayed ate dinner on the town. Local food and beer was great and the locals in the area are used to outsiders being around. Abàdszalók is a tourist town and when you go in, it is filled with people from all over Hungary that are on vacation. There are several bars and at least 1 disco/club (with pool table) if you want to get your groove on.
- Day Six – We set up a 5 am departure. One of the staff members was there to help us get out on time and the kitchen crew made sandwiches for us the night before. We could have had a hot breakfast if we wanted and we did not have to depart at 5 am. That was our choice with the drive we all had ahead of us.
James Mahoney –
I couldn’t have asked for more.
Gary Ball –
LOTS of deer. First time I ever hunted out of the US. Hunting in Europe was a very good experience.