Big Game Hunting in Iowa
Iowa is known in the hunting community for big whitetail deer. It ranks #2 according to both the Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett records, even though it gives out the least amount of tags of any other state excluding Kansas. Many hunters consider Iowa to be the best state in the Midwest for trophy whitetails.
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL has relationships with farms and outfitters all over Iowa.
If you need help finding some great Iowa outdoors adventures, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.
Iowa Hunting Outfitters and Packages
Interested in booking a hunt?Contact us for pricing or more information
What You'll Need to Go Hunting in Iowa
- Hunter safety certificate may be required if born on or after January 1, 1967.
- Iowa hunters are chosen by a draw system, and they do have preference points.
- No rifle hunting is allowed in Iowa. This state only allows shotgun, muzzleloader, handgun and archery seasons.
- The archery hunt is possibly the best in the world, but it has gotten very difficult to draw a tag (but it’s worth the wait).
- Because it’s become so difficult to draw an archery tag, the gun hunts have been exceptional because some farms go nearly un-hunted until the firearms seasons.
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.