Saskatchewan is a place that gives you a reasonable chance at a book bear!
If you’re looking for an exceptional spring black bear hunt with the potential for the bear of a lifetime, Saskatchewan should be a place that you consider.
- A true chance for a book bear.
- Easy going hunts over established bait sites.
- Affordable when compared to other bear hunts of a similar caliber.
- Lots of color-phase bears. Saskatchewan bears are approximately 25% colored from blonde, cinnamon, chocolate, all the way into jet black bears with a blaze on their chest.
- Hunt with any weapon except a pistol. Traditional bows, compound bows, crossbows, rifles, muzzleloaders or shotguns.
- Fishing is available on most hunts. Saskatchewan has some amazing fishing for Northern pike, lake trout, and walleye.
SASKATCHEWAN BLACK BEAR HUNTS:
Bear Hunting Lodge
This outfitter is becoming well known for taking “Booner” bears up to AND OVER 600 POUNDS!
You’ll be hunting black bears over 90,000 acres of thick Saskatchewan forest ground just south of the Boreal Forest of Canada for big, mature black bears. They harvest around 45% color phase bears ranging from bright blonde to black and just about everything in between.
This Saskatchewan Hunting Lodge truly offers you a chance at a record book bear!
- Trophy Quality is Excellent! Several Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett boars are taken annually.
- Lodging is very nice.
- Food is top notch.
This is a “Country-Club” style, easy going hunt.
On a typical day you will sleep in, wake up and have breakfast. You are welcome to hang around lodge, take pics, watch guides prepare/skin bears, or go fishing. Have lunch and get prepared to leave with guide in mid afternoon to go out on stand for evening sit. Days are long in May/June and typically does not get dark until 10 PM. Guide will pick you up and return to lodge for a late dinner. If you tag out early, you can either chill at lodge or go assist guides with other hunters.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
We had a wonderful bear hunt beginning with the guide picking us up at the airport. We made a short trip to the dock and took the boat to the base camp about 45 minutes across the inlets. The first day was very eventful with sighting two black bears and stalking both. After two stalks we were within 31 yards and I took my shot. The rest of the week was spent sightseeing British Columbia, fishing, crabbing and picking up oysters for dinner.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy black bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.