ALASKA BLACK BEAR HUNTS:
Prince William Sound
Spot-and-stalk black bear hunting in the Prince William Sound area can be incredibly good.
- In the Spring, this can be a black bear/brown bear combo hunt.
- In the Fall, this hunt can be a mountain goat/black bear combo.
- There are some excellent genetics in this area. The average bear in the Prince William Sound area squares about 6 to 61/2 feet. Occasional bears in the 7 1/2 foot range are also harvested.
- Prince William Sound bears have exceptional coats and what separates them from other black bears.
- Ask us about the Military Discount.
- Contact us if bear hunting the Prince William Sound area sounds good.
Our black bear hunts in Prince William Sound are some of the best in North America.
The bears in this area average in size from about 6 to 6 1/2 feet, with a few monster boars taken every year that square over 7 feet! The hides on these bruins are absolutely beautiful because of the cool weather, high quality nutrition with lots of salmon, and great genetics. If you’re looking for a hunt where you can take a true quality bear, this hunt in Prince William Sound would be a great choice.
Prince of Wales Island
Prince of Wales Island
The ocean against a backdrop of steep fjords makes Prince of Wales Island an amazing black bear hunting destination!
Southeast Alaska is a maze of thick coastal habitat, featuring everything from tide flats and ancient forests to rocky fjords and glaciers. Prince of Wales Island supports one of the highest populations of big black bears in the world.
With an endless supply of salmon, all they do is eat and grow. The massive bears on this island can get up to and over seven feet! Because of this, Prince of Wales Island has become a monumental black bear hunting destination, with more Boone and Crockett entries than anywhere else.
Prince of Wales Island is an Under-Pressured Hunting Destination
Despite the publicity and record book bears, this gem has remained under-pressured. Whether it’s the effort it takes to get there, the lack of interest by island resident’s, or the sheer carrying capacity of the area, it is a proven producer of high quality black bears.
This is typically a boat based bear hunt.
With all the amenities, the hunt is comfortable and rewarding. The hunt involves glassing the beaches in the springtime as big boars feed on the first green grass of spring and search for sows. When September arrives, they will be keyed on salmon that pour inland to spawn making for an exciting, up close and personal hunt.
Coming back to the boat for a seafood feast and a warm bed adds to the adventure, recounting the days excitement. Making the stalk on a bear fight full rut or realizing you’re walking through the big bears bedroom, this is a hunt you won’t soon forget.
*Check out our incredible Prince of Wales Island fishing trip.
Alaska Black Bear Combo Hunts Over Bait
This is a black bear, brown bear combo hunt over bait. OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL hunters have had a nearly 100% success rate for two bears. You can take two additional black bears for a trophy fee!
With near 100% for this combo hunt you can get the best of both worlds with black bears in all different color phases, and brown bears with chocolate to almost a white colored fur. The schedule is also what sets this hunt aside. Wake up late as you will be hunting almost until midnight most nights. After you wake up enjoy some sockeye salmon fishing before you hit the stands for the rest of the day.
The ability to hunt brown bear over bait has only recently been allowed Alaska and is turning out to be quite the treat!
- Black bear AND brown bear hunts over bait.
- So far, our success for black bear hunting is 100%, and brown bears are nearly 100% opportunity!
- Brown bears can get up to 9 feet with skulls that measure 26 inches, but 7-8 feet is average.
- Hunts are for 10 days with the 11th day saved for travel out of the cabin.
- Enjoy fishing for sockeye salmon during the day.
- Contact us quickly, space is limited.
This outfitter says that the brown bears in many cases have taken over their black bear baits making the brown bears somewhat of a nuisance… a welcomed nuisance however.
Alaska Coastal Black Bear Hunts
Vessel-based, coastal black bear hunting in Alaska is based from a live-in, luxury yacht.
These Alaska trophy black bear hunts are conducted where the rugged Alaska mountains meet the saltwater. You’ll be hunting big salmon-fed bears just coming out of hibernation in an area that has one of the highest bear populations in Alaska and they typically square between 6-7 feet. These black bears have the best hair quality on the planet, and a few record book black bears are taken every year. Large boars with perfect hides are the norm. Cruising the coastal shorelines and glassing the tidal flats produce plenty of stalking opportunities. This area has one of the highest Bear populations in the state.
Hunt from a luxury yacht. This is classic, coastal spot-and-stalk bear hunting at its best.
- OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL clients rave about this hunt.
- Over the years, our hunters have consistently taken trophy 6-7 foot boars.
- 95-100% success year after year.
- A bonus on this trip is the fishing, waterfowl hunting and blacktail deer hunting.
- This outfitter only takes three groups per year on this hunt, and they are in the spring when the weather is nicest.
- This is a quality, fun hunt for a trophy-sized bear.
This trip is EXTREMELY LIMITED. Contact us quickly if you’re interested.
Alaska Combo Hunts
We can send you on a North American Safari in Alaska where you can hunt multiple species on one hunt.
An Alaska safari is a great way to save some money. The area you hunt determines what species you want to prioritize on your hunt.
- Mix and match your primary species depending on your needs and the area you’re hunting. We have a number of combo options in Alaska for black bear, grizzly bear, brown bear, moose, caribou, Dall sheep and mountain goat. Note that we need to customize your hunt and build it around your primary species.
- Hunting season is from September, stretching into early October.
- On Alaska combo hunts, your hunt will usually be at least 14 days.
- Our Alaska combo hunts are typically guided 1:1 unless otherwise specified at time of booking.
- Your method of hunting is spot and stalk, all animals are fair chase.
- Despite what you might think, this combo hunt isn’t extremely difficult physically, but the better shape you’re in the more fun and more success you should have.
- Contact us if an Alaska combo hunt sounds good to you. Space is limited.
An Alaska Safari is a true hunt of a lifetime!
Most of these animals are at the top of most hunters lists, so why not get it all done in one place, with one outfitter, in one trip? If you want to go to Alaska to hunt it right the first time this outfitter offers a combo hunt for Alaskan moose, caribou, grizzly or brown bear, mountain goat, and/or Sitka blacktail deer! This outfitter is exceptional in all phases of the hunt. They really know how to take care of their clients!
Cast-and-Blast Bear Hunts
Combo your love of hunting and fishing in Alaska. Superb fishing for Northern Pike and sheefish.
If you’re looking for a thrilling hunt and a fight with one Alaska’s hardest fighting fish this would be a perfect match for you! The whole cast-and-blast trip is lodge or vessel based, which makes this hunt fun and relaxing.
The variety in this cast-and-blast hunt is what makes it a real treat!
- This is a spring hunt that takes place in May.
- This is a seven day, 2:1 guided trip.
- The whole trip is lodge based so no need for roughing it!
Our Alaska bear hunters enjoy great success.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
We had a wonderful bear hunt beginning with the guide picking us up at the airport. We made a short trip to the dock and took the boat to the base camp about 45 minutes across the inlets. The first day was very eventful with sighting two black bears and stalking both. After two stalks we were within 31 yards and I took my shot. The rest of the week was spent sightseeing British Columbia, fishing, crabbing and picking up oysters for dinner.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy black bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.