If you are researching where to hunt for a trophy mountain goat with an amazing coat, you need look no further than a BC. Mountain goat hunting in British Columbia is arguably the best in the world. Beautiful BC has roughly 50,000 goats, and the most record book entries by far. Including the P&Y and B&C world record mountain goats. A trophy billie is in reach for those who can get to them and shoot straight.
Mountain Goat Hunting in British Columbia is where it’s at for big billies!
Record book, 10 inch billies are common on these hunts, and our hunters consistently take goats scoring over 50 inches B&C.
We have hunting guides and outfitters in BC who produce multiple record book goats every year. They would harvest more record billies, but the fact is that most hunters are happy to shoot the first mature billy they get a chance at. British Columbia’s north coast along the border of Alaska is world renowned for having the highest number of trophy mountain goats in North America.
- British Columbia is one of the only places with guaranteed, OTC goat tags.
- Lots of goats. It’s common to see 10-20 goats every day.
- Fly-in, horseback, and backpack styles of hunting are all common in BC.
- Hunts in British Columbia are almost always combo hunts. You can add either a moose, caribou, or black bear depending on the hunt you’re on.
- BC is the top spot for trophy mountain goat hunting. In fact, it holds the current Pope and Young World Record, AND the Boone and Crockett World Record mountain goats!
- Hunting areas will be accessed on foot, by 4×4, boats, and/or with horses.
- These hunts are typically remote, tent camp hunts, but we do have a rare “town hunt”.
- You will not see a goat with a better coat of hair than a BC billy.
- If you are looking for true trophy class billies, go to BC. You’ll see a ton of goats and have at least a couple opportunities to harvest a World-Class mountain goat.
BC Mountain Goat Hunting Seasons
EARLY SEASON Mountain Goat Hunting in British Columbia
In August through September, you can fly-in for a backpack hunt. You’ll be flown in to a remote alpine lake and stay in either wall tents with heat. From there, you’ll spike out into the surrounding areas in search of your trophy, staying in 2-person pack tents.
REGULAR SEASON Mountain Goat Hunting in British Columbia
In October through November, you’ll be targeting billies as they prepare for the rut. This can be a very physical hunt. You’ll be climbing from the bottom of the mountains up to the goats…usually a one to three hour climb. This time of year, the goats will have beautiful, heavy coat.
WINTER Mountain Goat Hunting in British Columbia
If you’re worried about that climb, go in December through February. This time of year, the goats are near the bottom of the mountain. Hunters with physical limitations can have a good opportunity to take a trophy goat of a lifetime on these winter hunts. The current Pope and Young World Record mountain goat was taken on this winter hunt.
Are you interested in going mountain goat hunting in British Columbia?
A BC goat hunt, in our option, is an exceptional option with high success, trophy billies and OTC tags.
Here are some trips that we offer in in British Columbia:
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.