- 1/4 cup flour
- 14×20-inch oven roasting bag
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 lbs. venison stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 (16-ox.) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large onion, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 cups potato chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Add flour to oven roasting bag and shake well.
- Place bag in 19x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Add salt, mustard, chili powder, pepper, chili sauce, vinegar, honey and Worcestershire sauce; turn bag to mix.
- Add remaining ingredients; turn bag to mix.
- Seal bag with provided tie.
- Make 4 to 6 half-inch slits in the top of the bag.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours, or until venison is fork-tender
If you prefer, omit potatoes and serve stew over egg noodles. Or make a pot pie by placing cooked stew into a prepared pie crust, topping with a second crust and baking at 400 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.