Here’s a perfect use for the Venison roast you find at the bottom of your freezer. Serve as a main meal, or in Italian rolls as sandwiches. This Venison Italiano recipe can be cooked ahead and frozen.
- 10 lbs. venison stew meat, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 9 cloves garlic
- 14 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
- 1/4 cup bay leaves, chopped
- 5 hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot cherry pepper juice, optional
- Potatoes, sweet peppers and other vegetables can be added if desired
- Spray bottom of pressure cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add venison and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides.
- Drain and discard liquid from pressure cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and hot pepper juice.
- Saute for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, then put lid on and bring to pressure.
- Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Make sure pressure cooker drops to safe level before removing lid.