The Capra goats live in some of the steepest, most difficult and dangerous mountain habitat on the face of the earth. Completing a Capra World Slam is probably the single most physically difficult accomplishment in the mountain hunting world. Grand Slam Club/Ovis has defined well over 30 different trophy categories for the world’s wild mountain Capra species.
Capra World Slam
An individual is designated as having achieved the Capra World Slam when he or she has successfully taken and documented with GSCO:
- CAPRA WORLD SLAM 12: At least 12 different species or subspecies.
- CAPRA SUPER 20: At least 20 different species or subspecies.
- CAPRA SUPER 30: At least 30 different species or subspecies.
Recognized Trophy Categories
- American Mountain Goat
- Chamois – Pyrenean; Cantabrian; Alpine; New Zealand; Carpathian; Balkan; Caucasian; Anatolian
- Tahr – Himalayan; Himalayan / New Zealand Tahr
- Ibex – Bezoar; Kri-Kri; Persian Desert; Sindh; Gredos; Beceite; Southeastern Spanish; Ronda; Alpine; Nubian; Mid-Asian; Himalayan; Altay; Gobi
- Tur – Kuban (Western); Dagestan (Eastern); Mid-Caucasian Tur
- Markhor – Bukharan Markhor; Astor Markhor; Kashmir Markhor; Kabul Markhor; Sulaiman Markhor
- Goats – Chiltan Wild Goat; Hybrid Goat*; Feral Goat**
*Doesn’t count for Capra World Slam 12, but may be counted for the Super 20 & Super 30.
**Doesn’t count for the Capra World Slam 12 or Super 20, but may be counted for the Super 30.
Are you ready to take on the CAPRA World Slam?
We would love to help you on this mountain hunting quest. Our outfitters are vetted, and our clients have good success.
Ask Us About a Hunt
Request pricing and availability
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Please be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.