Sitka Blacktail Deer Hunts in Alaska
While they aren’t much in the trophy department, Sitka blacktails are tons of fun to hunt. So much so, that many of our hunters are surprised to list them as their favorite.
Sitka blacktail deer hunting in Alaska:
- Alaska has TONS of blacktail deer!
- VERY little hunting pressure in some of the more remote areas.
- Amazing archery hunting opportunities.
- You can take more than one deer on your hunt. In some areas up to five.
- Good combo options for sea ducks and fishing.
- Although there are lots other spots, certain areas stand out for bigger bucks. Prince of Wales Island, and Kodiak Island are a few of the hot spots for Sitka blacktail deer.
- Contact us for pricing and availability.
Pope and Young minimum is 75 inches, and Boone and Crockett is 100 inches for the three-year awards, and 108 for the all-time book. An average mature buck will score in the low to mid 80s, and are typically unsymmetrical with broken tines…bucks over 100 inches are VERY RARE. Keep that perspective in mind and you’ll have a ton of fun.
Sitka Blacktail Deer Hunting on Kodiak Island
Kodiak Island has lots of blacktails, and it’s also one of the best areas to hunt trophy bucks.
- This is a very affordable hunt. 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1 guiding is available, and priced accordingly.
- A few unguided hunts are available each year, but they go quickly.
- 6-7 hunting days.
- Hunters can take a 2nd buck with no trophy fee.
- Contact us quickly for dates and availability.
This Alaska Master Guide has been hunting famed Kodiak Island for 40 years!
With a small window between mountain goat and brown bear hunts he has decided to offer a unique opportunity for Sitka blacktails from his remote private cabin. That’s right, hunt trophy Sitka blacktail deer on extreme Kodiak Island with a roof over your head, hot showers, and a comfortable cot each night!
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.