Possibly the least difficult (because you might not have to draw a tag), as well as the least expensive North American sheep hunt is a Dall ram. Because of this, Dall sheep hunting is usually the beginning of most hunters’ Sheep Slam.
SHEEP HUNTING GUIDES & OUTFITTERS
Outdoors International can help you find a great sheep hunt with a vetted outfitter that fits your expectations.
The hunt you book needs to be in an area and/or with an outfitter that would satisfy your trophy quality expectations, while also fitting your physical condition level and your budget. That’s what our service is all about. Let is know if you’d like to schedule a consultation.
If you would help with drawing a sheep tag, check out the OI Hunt Application Program.Ask Us About a Hunt Request pricing and availability
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
SHEEP HUNTING TIPS & INFORMATION
We’ve put together a ton of articles so that you can go into your sheep hunt fully prepared.
We have spectacular Dall sheep hunting in some of the best trophy sheep areas.
On a typical Dall sheep hunt, you’ll be flown into your hunting area and then backpack around the area from their. To claim your ram, you’ll need to be prepared to hike mountains and difficult terrain. Because these animals live in such rugged country it’s recommended that you be in good shape for this trip.
- Most Alaska dall sheep hunting units have over-the-counter tags, but you may need to apply in some of the better units.
- Compared to other sheep species, Alaska Dall sheep hunts are relatively affordable.
- Sheep populations are steady and increasing across their range. On a typical hunt, you can expect to see sheep daily, and our hunters average between 95 and 100% success.
- Dall sheep hunting season is early August, so you can go on your dream hunt without sacrificing your deer or elk hunts.
- We have typical, fly-in backpack hunts, as well as a limited number of float hunts.
- Your lodging may include a base camp and hiking from there each day, but don’t count on it. You’ll probably be hunting out of a mobile tent camp.
- On occasion, we can add other animals to the hunt if requested in advance. Our outfitters offer hunts for trophy brown bear, grizzly bear, caribou, mountain goat, black bear, wolves and moose.
- Our Dall Sheep Hunts sell out every year! YOU MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE.