With how hard an elk tag in Arizona is to draw, having an outfitter help you with your hunt just makes good sense. A look through B&C and/or P&Y record books will reveal the incredible trophy elk hunting that is found in Arizona.
Trophy quality on ALL these Arizona elk hunts is VERY good, however many bulls will have broken antlers during the late season. Hunters can expect to see 370″ class bulls in the premier units and 340-350″ bulls on the “lesser” quality units. Bulls above 400″ are taken in Arizona every year.
7 West, 8, 9, 10, 23, 3A/3C
- These Units are Difficult to draw, high density of elk, excellent trophy quality.
- Expect to see bulls in the 370″ range with potential for 380″+. This Outfitter has access to 16,000 acres of private land in Premier Arizona Unit 10.
- Up to a 15 year wait to draw.
Mid-Quality Arizona Elk Units
5B North, 5B South, 7 East, 6A, 6B
- These are still great hunts with good densities of elk.
- Easier to draw and you can expect 340-350″ bulls in these units.
- You should draw these hunts within 1 to 5 years. (Our elk hunt in New Mexico is a good alternative)
Good Elk Units in Arizona
15A, 15B, 18A, 17A, 17B, 18B, 19B, 20A, 20C
- These units are much easier to draw, very low density of elk, but good trophy quality once you finally find them.
- Potential for 370″ bulls in these units.
- You should draw these hunts within 1 to 5 years. (Our elk hunt in Wyoming is a good alternative)
Did you draw in Arizona? You lucky dog….
When you finally draw that Arizona elk tag, you really should consider hiring an outfitter. They will spend countless days scouting, so you can take advantage of that tag and take the trophy elk of a lifetime. Contact us…. QUICKLY!