Wyoming Elk Hunting
If you’re not applying for Wyoming elk hunting every year, you need to be!
But, if you don’t have very many points, we do have some options for you. With little or no points, our backcountry outfitter has solid success on good bulls at an affordable price. If you want a more plush experience, we have a beautiful Wyoming lodge hunt.
Why you should consider elk hunting in Wyoming:
- Wyoming has some incredible elk hunting.
- Little hunting pressure when compared to some of the other states.
- Amazing archery hunting opportunities.
- Rifle rut hunts in some of the wilderness areas.
- Good combo options for mule deer, black bear, mountain lion and wolves.
- We have some great drop hunt options in Wyoming if a guided hunt isn’t what you’re looking for.
Wyoming Elk Hunting Lodge
Hunting Wyoming elk is a dream for many…and this hunting lodge is one for the books. The lodge, the chef, and most of all….THE ELK HUNTING!
Wyoming elk hunting on private ranches totaling nearly 1 million acres. This outfitter offers hunting on a vast array of different areas, from low country, to steep mountainous terrain. What is great about this Wyoming elk hunting experience is that these ranches fall into the general elk tag pool, which are a 100% draw for non-residents! The properties are so large that the outfitter is able to provide mature animals.
You’ll be hunting Wyoming elk from a beautiful lodge.
With over 8,000 square feet of luxurious living space, the hunting lodge sits in the middle of 100 square miles of mountain wilderness that is teeming with trophy mule deer, lots of elk, and trophy Shiras moose. This magnificent lodge is surrounded by quaking aspen, cedar trees, bubbling streams and even features a couple of fishing ponds.
With 11 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, and 3 great rooms and plus many other accouterments, a stay at this ranch is one you’re not likely to forget. Whether you are enjoying a chef prepared meal, or relaxing from a long day of hunting in our hot tub, this ranch immediately feels like home. From the enormous log structure to the western décor, you may even want to come back in the summer for an outdoor adventure with the family for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding or just to hang out and get some down time.
- This is a great option for large, and/or corporate hunts.
- Both rifle and archery elk hunts (archery guides are experienced bowhunters).
- When hunting Wyoming elk, you can combo with mule deer.
- All hunts are on private ranches, totaling nearly 1 million acres.
- Opportunity rates are nearly 100% for both rifle and archery hunters.
- Success rates are 90%+ for rifle hunts, and 60%+ for archery hunts.
- Elk average 260-310 inches.
- Mule deer average 160-180 inches, with a buck or two over 200″ taken yearly.
- Guiding is usually 1×1, however you can save some money on a 2×1 hunt.
- Guaranteed tags if you apply prior to the January 31 deadline. If you don’t draw a tag in Wyoming, this outfitter has another elk hunting lodge in Utah as a backup.
- Contact us for pricing and availability.
If the lodge option isn’t for you, we also have some rustic cabin accommodations in town as an alternative.
Although not as plush as the lodge hunt, the town hunts are still very comfortable with modern conveniences. Accommodations offer a warm atmosphere, queen beds, hot showers, restrooms, cable television and high speed internet.
Hunting style is similar to that of the high-country pack-in camp, but aren’t quite as physical as our backcountry hunts are. You’ll use horses (or snowmobiles on the mountain lion and cow elk hunts) to access hunting areas, and return to the town at the end of the hunting day.
Cow Elk Hunts
We we do also have a few cow hunts in the late season.
On these hunts, you’ll stay in town and use snow machines to access the hunting area. Cow hunts this time of year usually aren’t all that difficult, but may require some climbing in deep snow so be in shape. These are usually three day hunts.
Backcountry, Pack-in Elk Camps in the Wyoming High Country
Wyoming elk hunting continues to be some of the best in the country, and our backcountry hunts are no exception!
Like we said above, if you’re not applying for elk in Wyoming, you’re missing out. However, if you’re itching to go, our backcountry outfitter has solid success year over year on good bulls at an affordable price. And you need few to even no points on some years.
You’ll be hunting elk out of a primitive camp located at around 8,000 feet in the steep, rugged country.
You’ll get up, eat breakfast, and then use horses to get to the ridges an hour or so before daylight. At that point, you’ll tie up the horses and hunt all day, returning to your horses in the evening. Upon returning to camp in the evening, the guides will take care of the horses, and there will be a hot, all-you-can-eat dinner ready shortly after dark. The better shape you’re in, the more you’ll enjoy this elk hunt.
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.