Utah Elk Hunting
If you’re in the market for a good hunt, Utah elk hunting should be seriously considered. This state has done a great job of rebuilding their herds from when they were nearly wiped out in 1898. At that time, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources underwent a successful reintroduction program, moving elk from neighboring Yellowstone National Park. Now elk are flourishing in northern Utah.
You should consider elk hunting in Utah.
- Utah manages it’s elk herds for trophy quality. In fact, Utah has more record bull harvests that any other western state.
- We have a wide variety of hunts in Utah, ranging from lodge hunts on private ranches, to traditional backcountry elk hunts out of wall tents.
- Utah has some amazing archery elk hunting opportunities.
- Good combo options for mule deer.
- If you book with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL, we can practically guaranteed you a Utah elk tag if you contact us early enough.
Utah Elk Hunting Lodge
This Utah elk hunting lodge is one of the best hunts out there. The lodge, the chef, and most of all, THE ELK HUNTING are all top notch!
This Outfitter has stewardship over more than 1.2 million acres of private land in Utah, Wyoming and Montana. This gives them a distinct advantage over other elk hunting outfitters, as they can avoid excessive harvest which allows bulls to grow into trophies. They run a 5 star camp with friendly, professional and organized staff and are top shelf in everything they do. Elk hunting generally include four full hunting days, chef-prepared meals, lodging (5-star lodge, mountain transportation, and much more. Once you hunt elk in Utah with this outfitter, you will see why they have a hunter return rate of nearly 90 percent. One of the great things about hunting elk in Utah is you can rifle hunt during the rut!
Even if you don’t draw, an elk tag is practically guaranteed!
All hunts are on private ground on over 600,000 acres spread between 13 different ranches. Most of the ranches are in the CWMU program AKA Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit. As a result, you are able to obtain your tags directly from the outfitter. There is no hassle and worry of whether you will draw out or not. The ranches that are not enrolled CWMU program are in general season tag units. Hunting season is September through November.
- Great option for corporate groups.
- Both rifle and archery elk hunts (archery guides are experienced bowhunters).
- When hunting Utah elk, you can combo with mule deer.
- Hunts are on private ranches.
- Opportunity rates are nearly 100% for both rifle and archery hunters.
- Success rates are 90%+ for rifle hunts, and 60%+ for archery hunts.
- Mule deer average 160-180 inches, with a buck or two over 200″ taken yearly.
- Elk average 260-310 inches.
- Guiding is usually 1×1, however you can save some money on a 2×1 hunt.
This beautiful Utah hunting lodge is located only 50 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport.
It has seven bedrooms and six-baths with three levels and 6,000 square feet of rustic, western luxury. This is their “easiest” ranch to hunt. Amenities include a wrap-around deck with a commercial-style barbecue; flat screen tv’s with surround sound; wireless internet; a washer and dryer; air hockey, and foosball table; pool table; a large kitchen (with a full-time chef; and a dining room that can seat 26 people.
Also on the property are eight sleeping cabins, and each with two beds and a separate bathroom; a stocked fishing pond; horses and stables; a 12-person hot tub; and a shooting range with targets from 100 to 600 yards.
Backcountry Elk Hunts in Utah
Our backcountry elk hunts in Utah range from ones where you’ll be staying in a small cabin, to very physical hunts that are horse-supported with wall tent camps.
- Archery and rifle backcountry hunts are available.
- The trophy quality is very good on all of our hunts in Utah with high opportunity rates.
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.