Utah Mule Deer Hunting
Utah mule deer hunting has always been near the top of the list when it comes to monster mulies. Especially noteworthy are the Paunsaugunt and Henry Mountains, but due to good management, their general season units have been producing some great bucks as well.
You should consider mule deer hunting in Utah.
- Utah is managed for awesome trophy quality, and is one of the only states that is actually growing it’s mule deer herd.
- OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL has a wide variety of deer hunts, ranging from lodge hunts on private ranches, to traditional backcountry deer hunts.
- Amazing archery hunting opportunities.
- We also have some great combo options for elk in Utah.
Mule deer hunting in Utah can be incredible, especially on private ground. The hard part is drawing a good tag, and we can take care of that problem.
UT MULE DEER HUNTS:
Utah Mule Deer Hunting Lodge
This is one of the best hunts out there. The lodge, the chef, and most of all….the hunting is top notch!
Most of the ranches are in the CWMU program (Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit). As a result, you are able to obtain your tags directly from the outfitter without the hassle and worry of whether you will draw out or not. The ranches that are not enrolled CWMU program are in general season tag units.
- Opportunity rate is near 100% for rifle mule deer hunters, and pushing 80% for bowhunters.
- Success rates for archery are 65% and rifle is 95+%.
- The average bucks taken on these Utah mule deer hunts are 160″+ with the chance at a real monster over 200″.
- The Utah CWMU mule deer hunts run from September 1 through October 31 (some hunts go on until November 10 as well).
- Check out their mule deer hunt in Wyoming, that is also a great one.
Hunt from a Five-Star Hunting Lodge
Their Utah hunting lodge is located only 50 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport. It has seven bedrooms and six-baths with three levels and 6,000 square feet of rustic, western luxury. Amenities include a wrap-around deck with a commercial-style barbecue; flat screen tv’s with surround sound; wireless internet; a washer and dryer; air hockey, and foosball table; pool table; a large kitchen (with a full-time chef; and a dining room that can seat 26 people.
Also on the property are eight sleeping cabins, each with two beds and a separate bathroom; a stocked fishing pond; horses and stables; a 12-person hot tub; and a shooting range with targets from 100 to 600 yards.
Utah Conservation Tags
Utah recently started a conservation tag program. Conservation tags are 100% tax deductible for the buyer. This conservation money is used on wildlife projects in Utah. It’s money well spent for wildlife and habitat. These tags allow us to hunt the premium areas without waiting to draw a tag. We can assist you in purchasing these tags and help you apply for the big game drawings.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
Steep trails and cliff faces left me with some outstanding great memories of this hunt. Twas a true western adventure all the way around.
This was three days of exhausting, exciting, and intense mule deer hunting. Just what the doctor ordered!!! This is hunting at its truest. By foot and horseback. Couldn’t get any better. Thank you Outdoors International!