Hunter: John Sullivan
Date: August, 2018
Trip Taken: Colorado Antelope Hunting Ranches
Consultant: OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
Archery hunting for pronghorn in a blind can be arduous, but the quantity of mule deer and antelope arriving to the watering hole does break the tedium. Being very selective allowed me to arrow a Pope and Young buck on the third evening of a three day hunt with 15 minutes left of shooting light.
An 80 inch buck was seen, but did not come to water and if I wanted to arrow a 60-65 inch “representative of the species” animal I could have tagged-out within four hours of arrival! Being very selective, I was the last to complete the 100% success for our group of about 10 rifle hunters and three bowhunters. Nobody can guarantee a trophy at every visit, but the sheer volume of antelope is impressive, and does offer a wide selection.
My outfitter provided a very comfortable camp environment with single and double “cabins” in a cluster with a central community room area where meals are served, libations enjoyed, and stories are exchanged.
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL was very knowledgeable about this hunt. My consultant and provided more information and clarity than the actual outfitter was able to communicate. The outfitter is a man of few words and freely admits he would prefer OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL to field the calls, concerns, questions.
- How was your overall experience? Great
- How was the outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip? Good
- How was your guide? Amazing
- How difficult was the trip physically? Easy
- How was the food? Amazing
- How were the accommodations? Amazing
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes