Colorado is the clear-cut leader for producing trophy mule deer bucks. It’s the first state we recommend hunters apply for if they want a true giant.
Colorado has done a great job of managing their mule deer herd, and it’s at or near the top of the list as a premium state for western hunters. Rifle hunters should look at Garfield, Eagle and Mesa counties when they’re applying for tags. Bowhunters should focus on the Colorado Eastern Plains region. If you’re looking to book a hunt with an outfitter, we have access to some ranches with spectacular mule deer hunting across the state.
Why we think you should consider one of our Colorado mule deer hunts:
- Colorado offers many seasons for all types of hunters.
- Very few points are needed to draw some 2nd and 3rd season rifle tags. There is no other state in the West where you can draw a high trophy quality tag with 0 to 1 point.
- If you don’t draw, we have Ranching For Wildlife tags available on private ranches.
- Remote backcountry options with little hunting pressure.
- Good combo options for elk. Colorado has the highest elk population of all the states.
Mule Deer Hunts on Private Ground in Colorado
Colorado trophy mule deer hunts on private ground with guaranteed tags.
When you hunt with one of our private land outfitters in Colorado, you’re accommodations will range from home/cabin/bunkhouse style housing to a five-star hunting lodge. Most of these have some sort of power (sometimes a generator), and running water. If accommodations are important to you, be sure to tell us what type of lodging you’re looking for prior to booking.
- Over 200,000 private acres to hunt as well as access to BLM lands.
- Offer guaranteed tags so you don’t have to wait for the draw. A member of the Ranching for Wildlife program on some ranches.
- Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts.
- Fully furnished lodging and meals.
- Trophy quality on these ranch hunts ranges from 160 to over 200 inches.
- Access to world class fishing on local rivers (on some ranches).
We only harvest a few bucks off of each ranch in order to maintain strong populations. Our mule deer hunts run from October through Mid-November on 200,000 private acres and BLM, they are 5 day hunts with fully furnished lodging and meals.
Our hunters have amazing success on Colorado mule deer that average 160 to 190 inches.
This is because we have access to hunting areas that border BLM lands inaccessible to others unless they hunt by helicopter or horseback. We are also involved with the Ranching For Wildlife program on some ranches. Several of the camps have rivers and creeks that offer world class fishing to fill some of your down time.
Mule Deer Combo Hunts in Colorado
The “Trifecta Hunt” – Mule deer, elk and antelope combo hunt.
If you like the idea of a great combo hunt in Colorado, here’s the one for you. Elk, mule deer and pronghorn antelope all on one great hunt. Seven Days, Three Species. The Trifecta is a North American Safari!
This is a great trophy hunt for mule deer and pronghorn antelope, and the elk hunting can either be outstanding, or tough. It depends on if they get weather or not. There are a number of options to choose from on multiple private ranches in Colorado. Only a few trophy bull tags are available every season, so be sure to book early.