Alberta Elk Hunting
There aren’t many areas where you can hunt elk in the rut with a rifle and an over-the-counter tag. Alberta elk hunting in the Peace River region is one of those special places. This is a small outfit focusing on offering individualized attention, and one of the highest quality elk hunting experiences possible. If you prefer a hard-core, traditional elk hunt where you’re physical limitations will be tested, this hunt is NOT for you. However, if you want a high odds, fairly easy, laid back hunt with a fun outfitter, we can’t think of a better one.
Alberta elk hunting is a sleeper!
- In October, the rut is still going strong and they have better success on the bigger bulls than during September.
- This is not a physically demanding hunt. You’ll be hunting in flat farm fields surrounded by timber (Crown Land).
- With very few tags available, this hunt has a tremendous success record on good 6 pt bulls.
- There is a very realistic opportunity for bulls in the 275″ – 325″ B&C range.
- It’s a low impact, fairly easy hunt, and the bulls will still be rutting hard. You’ll drive the farmland with your guide until you find a good bull, then stalk and/or call a rutting bull into range.