If you are researching where to hunt for a trophy mountain goat with an amazing coat, you need look no further than a BC. British Columbia mountain goat hunting is arguably the best in the world. Beautiful BC has roughly 50,000 goats, and the most record book entries by far. Including the P&Y and B&C world record mountain goats. A trophy billie is in reach for those who can get to them and shoot straight.
A British Columbia mountain goat hunt is where it’s at!
Record 10″ billies are the norm on these hunts, and our hunters consistently take goats scoring over 50″.
We have hunting guides and outfitters in BC who produce multiple record book goats every year. They would harvest more record billies, but the fact is that most hunters are happy to shoot the first mature billy they get a chance at. British Columbia’s north coast along the border of Alaska is world renowned for having the highest number of trophy mountain goats in North America.
- British Columbia is one of the only places with guaranteed, OTC goat tags.
- Lots of goats. It’s common to see 10-20 goats every day.
- Fly-in, horseback, and backpack styles of hunting are all common in BC.
- Hunts in British Columbia are almost always combo hunts. You can add either a moose, caribou, or black bear depending on the hunt you’re on.
- Trophy goats live in BC. In fact, it holds the current Pope and Young World Record, AND the Boone and Crockett World Record mountain goats!
- Hunting areas will be accessed on foot, by 4×4, boats, and/or with horses.
- These hunts are typically remote, tent camp hunts, but we do have a rare “town hunt”.
- You will not see a goat with a better coat of hair than a BC billy.
- If you are looking for true trophy class billies, go to BC. You’ll see a ton of goats and have at least a couple opportunities to harvest a World-Class mountain goat.
BC Mountain Goat Hunting Seasons
Early Season Hunts
In August through September, you can fly-in for a backpack hunt. You’ll be flown in to a remote alpine lake and stay in either wall tents with heat. From there, you’ll spike out into the surrounding areas in search of your trophy, staying in 2-person pack tents.
Regular Season Hunts
In October through November, you’ll be targeting billies as they prepare for the rut. This can be a very physical hunt. You’ll be climbing from the bottom of the mountains up to the goats…usually a one to three hour climb. This time of year, the goats will have beautiful, heavy coat.
If you’re worried about that climb, go in December through February. This time of year, the goats are near the bottom of the mountain. Hunters with physical limitations can have a good opportunity to take a trophy goat of a lifetime on these winter hunts. The current Pope and Young World Record mountain goat was taken on this winter hunt.
Are you interested in booking a hunt?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some more hunts in that you might like:
Request Pricing, Availability or More Information
Just fill out the form below, and please be thorough so we can get you exactly the type of hunt you're looking for.