British Columbia Caribou Hunt
British Columbia Mountain Caribou Hunting
- British Columbia has guaranteed, OTC mountain caribou tags.
- Mountain caribou carry more mass in their antlers and are thicker than the caribou of the far northern Yukon and Northwest Territory.
- Our hunters in B.C. can hunt early caribou still in velvet, or above timberline during the rut.
- Mountain goat, moose, stone sheep and grizzly can all be hunted in combination with mountain caribou in British Columbia.
- Fair chase, spot-and-stalk true mountain hunt.
- The weather can be snow, rain or sometimes pleasant Indian summer.
This can be a physically demanding hunt, and you will earn your critter. You’ll need the right gear, and the right mindset. If you have all of that, get ready for the hunt of a lifetime!
A mountain caribou hunt in B.C. is a memorable feather in any hunter’s cap. We’d love to help you book this amazing hunt.
BC CARIBOU HUNTS:
Mountain Caribou Hunt
These are real mountain hunts with wild animals in huge country.
This is a trophy Mountain caribou hunt for bulls with 6 top points, or 5 on top with a rear point (legal requirement). You’ll also be targeting bulls with good ass that comes with 5+ years of age. In September the caribou start streaming into this area from miles around to rut. Bulls harvested during the rut average between 350-380 honest Boone and Crockett, with a couple bulls close to or exceeding 400 mark each year! Most bulls have beautiful white manes, with white markings often running all the way back to their hip.
- Guided 1:1 to increase your opportunity for success, but you can choose to save some money and go 2:1.
- Hunt takes place in late September during the rut.
- Trophy quality is very good with high success rates.
- This is a horseback hunt, but if you’re in shape you can choose to go backpack style.
- You can add a moose or a mountain goat to this hunt.
- You will fly into the backcountry and stay in either a remote cabin or tents.
Remote, fly-in horseback hunt.
Our outfitter puts a great deal of time and thought in choosing the camp which you will hunt out of. It all depends on what you are hunting and the seasonal distribution of those animals. They want ALL hunters to do well and have the hunt of a lifetime, so depending on the hunt you may stay in cabins or wall tents, or on some early hunts quality mountain tents may be used as well. You may hunt directly from the camp you fly into or your guide might choose to “spike out” to another camp that the outfitter feels offers better potential for success.
This British Columbia caribou hunt comes with guaranteed tags for all the animals you wish to hunt.
If you tag out early, there’s some great fishing and game bird hunting at many of the camps. Also, if you see a wolf, you can harvest one at no charge, just make sure you have the appropriate licenses. For those unfamiliar with the British Columbia hunting system, there is no draw.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success on this British Columbia caribou hunt.
Overall it was an awesome experience and we are already planning our return trip! Oh, and did I mention the fishing was great? My only regret is that I got nervous at the end and shot a small bull and then in the last few hours of the hunt my son-in-law shot a really great bull and he was accompanied by another big bull that just danced around out on the tundra after the other bull was down…I guess he knew I was tagged out. Overall it was an awesome experience and we are already planning our return trip! Oh, and did I mention the fishing was great? We caught lots of grayling and lake trout to top it all off.
Excellent caribou hunt from start to finish. Life long friends and memories will forever be remembered!
I highly recommend Outdoors International for any help on hunts! It was truly a hunt of a lifetime and something I would suggest to anyone if able. Can’t be more pleased with the service provided and the experience we were able to have. Definitely a hunt I’ll look forward to in the future! From contacting Russ Meyer about this hunt first thing it was smooth sailing when he and the outfitter contacted us and gave us all the information we needed to prepare for this hunt.
Russ is a stud. Has experienced multiple times these hunts and is very knowledgeable about the outfitters he uses. Makes sure your set up for success. Outdoors International knows first hand about these hunts and where to go to get you your trophy.