The key to British Columbia moose hunting is getting remote by horse, boat or float plane. The further back you go the better the bulls will be. Bulls in BC, especially Northern BC moose can push over that magical 50 inch mark. A 50 inch bull in the Prince George are is definitely a shooter and north of Smithers a guy can get into 60 inch bulls.
British Columbia moose hunting should be seriously considered as you do your research.
- British Columbia offers OTC (over-the-counter) moose tags for both Western Canadian moose and Shiras moose.
- BC has extremely healthy moose populations and BIG bulls! Generally speaking, the further north you go, the bigger the bulls get.
- A British Columbia moose hunt is almost always a combo with black bears, caribou, or even mountain goat.
- British Columbia moose hunts typically costs considerably less than an Alaska moose hunt. This is something to keep in mind when you book your moose hunt.
BRITISH COLUMBIA moose HUNTING Guides & outfitters
Outdoors International can help you find a great moose hunt in BC with a vetted outfitter that fits your expectations.
The hunt you book needs to be in an area and/or with an outfitter that would satisfy your trophy quality expectations, while also fitting your physical condition level and your budget. That’s what our service is all about. Let is know if you’d like to schedule a consultation.Ask Us About a Hunt Request pricing and availability
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
British Columbia Moose Hunting
Subspecies of Moose in BC
- Canada Moose in British Columbia are considered Western Canada Moose. They are slightly larger than the Eastern variety. Eastern Canada moose occur east of an imaginary line drawn across Ontario.
- Shiras moose range begins in Southern British Columbia and extends through the Rocky Mountains south to Colorado and Utah. Shiras bulls have the smallest antlers of the North American moose.
Where is the Best Moose Hunting in BC?
Western Canada moose in BC are found east of the Coast Mountains, but in general, Canada moose get bigger the further north you go. Historically, the center of the province (the Omineca and Cariboo Regions) offer some of the highest densities and best moose hunting in North America. After you cross the Yukon border, they are considered Alaska-Yukon Moose.
BOOK YOUR MOOSE HUNT WITH OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
A British Columbia moose hunt, in our option, stands alone in the moose world for producing large bulls with a good bang for the buck.