The Story Behind the P&Y World Record Mountain Goat
Shad Wheeler tells us the story behind his P&Y World Record Mountain Goat. This story is a fun one, Shad realizes that the sights on his bow are bent when he gets within shooting range, and his guide is…. get this, afraid of heights!
Devil’s Club is like alders with swords.
- Shad tells the story about hunting his World Record mountain goat. [03:00]
- Shad stalks in on the goat and realizes that the pins on his site are bent. [10:40]
- Swing and a miss! [12:40]
- Shad has an incident with Devil’s Club in his “nether regions”. [21:00]
- Cory and Shad discuss the difference between goats you see on pack trips compared to mountain goats that are hunted. [25:00]
- Cory talks about guiding goats in Idaho. [30:00]
- Goats often break their horns, and “the leap of death”. [34:00]
- Different options that are available for mountain goat hunting, including vessel-based hunts and fly-in hunts. [38:00]
- What an average goat hunt costs. [43:00]
- Must have equipment on a mountain goat hunt. [49:00]