“This story is a fun one, Shad Wheeler tells us the story behind his P&Y World Record mountain goat, as he gets into range of the monster billy, he realizes that the sights on his bow are bent, and his guide is…. get this…afraid of heights!”
Pope and Young World Record Mountain Goat
On April 28 in Lancaster, Pa., the Pope and Young Club officially listed the new world-record mountain goat.
The giant mountain goat was taken by Shad Wheeler, 32, during a February 2006 goat hunt with one of our outfitters near Terrace, British Columbia, Canada. The certified score is 53 0/8, surpassing the official record of 52 4/8 taken in 1988.
In this episode:
- Shad tells the story about hunting his Pope and Young World Record mountain goat.
- Shad stalks in on the goat and realizes that the pins on his bow sight are bent.
- He missed his first shot!
- Shad has an incident with Devil’s Club in his “nether regions”.
- Cory Glauner and Shad discuss the difference between goats you see on pack trips during the summer, compared to hunting them.
- Cory talks about guiding goats in Idaho.
- Goats often break their horns, and “the leap of death”.
- Different options that are available for mountain goat hunting, including vessel-based hunts and fly-in hunts.
- They discuss what an average mountain goat hunt costs.
- You MUST have the right gear for a mountain goat hunt.
- Read the story behind the World Record Boone and Crockett mountain goat.
Are you interested in booking a mountain goat hunt?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some hunts that you might like:
GET MORE INFORMATION
Please be thorough so we can help you book the perfect hunting trip.
Do you have a particular destination in mind? What species would you like to hunt? Do you need to stay within a budget? Will you be hunting with a group? Etc.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.