[PODCAST] P&Y World Record Mountain Goat
On April 28 in Lancaster, Pa., the Pope & Young Club officially listed the world-record billy taken by Shad Wheeler, 32, during a February 2006 hunt near Terrace, British Columbia. The certified score is 53 0/8, surpassing the official record of 52 4/8 taken in 1988.
- Shad tells the story about hunting his World Record mountain goat.
- Shad stalks in on the goat and realizes that the pins on his bow sight are bent.
- He missed his first shot!
- Shad has an incident with Devil’s Club in his “nether regions”.
- Cory and Shad discuss the difference between goats you see on pack trips during the summer, compared to hunting them.
- Cory talks about guiding goats in Idaho.
- Goats often break their horns, and “the leap of death”.
- Different options that are available for mountain goat hunting, including vessel-based hunts and fly-in hunts.
- They discuss what an average goat hunt costs.
- Must have equipment on a mountain goat hunt.
Or Just Give Us a Call