Nebraska Waterfowl Hunting
Nebraska offers many waterfowl hunting opportunities. With a variety of wetland habitats that ducks and geese use both during fall and spring migration, this state is blessed with exceptional duck and goose hunting. The Nebraska waterfowl hunting season starts with teal in September, the light goose conservation order in February and the regular duck and goose seasons in between.
Nebraska Waterfowl Hunting
- The Nebraska waterfowl hunting season goes from September to February.
- More than 15 different species of ducks, including: mallards; blue-winged teal; green-winged teal; gadwall; Northern pintail; American wigeon; Northern shovelers; wood ducks; and occasional redheads; ring-necked ducks; and canvasbacks.
- Five species of geese: Canada geese; Specklebelly geese; Snow; Blue and Ross’s geese.
- Exceptional upland bird hunting as well.
North Platte River Waterfowl Hunts in Nebraska
During the winter, Nebraska has a population of mallards that is hard to find in any other state!
This outfitter has several large rivers and refuges that are nearby that hold hundreds of thousands of birds! Hunts typically take place in pre-scouted corn fields with pit blinds, but sometimes the river as well. You will always hunt a fresh field! This is amazing wingshooting, and our clients often have the opportunity to take geese, mallards, American wigeon, green-winged teal and Northern pintail! This is also an exciting hunt as there are several species that you can harvest depending on the time of year you choose to go. This outfitter takes groups of up to seven hunters in a group.
Your hunting locations are pre-scouted by the outfitter and ready for you when you get there.
The blinds you will be hunting from are pit blinds set up in corn fields. If you want an experienced outfit than can put you on lots of birds then this Wyoming waterfowl hunt is perfect for you!
- This hunt is not physically difficult, the weather is what might get you. However their pit blinds are heated so not even the weather will get to you! This hunt is easy enough anyone can do it!
- Hunt fields or rivers along the North Platte River in Wyoming and Nebraska.
- You will typically hunt out of eight-man heated blinds. However, they occasionally use layout blinds or A-frame blinds.
- One guide per blind
- Nearly 100% chance to shoot your limit.
We’d love to help you book a great hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our wingshooting destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.