Meet De Wet Van Wyk
Learn More About Our African Safaris
Come hang out with us at "The Barn", learn about Africa, and maybe even win an African Safari!
Born in 1991 in South Africa, De Wet has been hunting from a very early age and always aspired to be a Professional Hunter. Since obtaining his professional hunters licence in 2012, he has hunted throughout numerous countries in Southern Africa, gaining invaluable experience and learning from some of the best professional hunters and operators on the continent.
De Wet has surrounded himself with some of the most skilled and experienced staff in the industry in order to fulfill his quest: “to offer top quality hunting safaris, combined with personalized service and comfortable accommodation”.
In the past few years, five lucky hunters have come to this event and walked away with a free safari.
- We’ll be there all day, so you’re welcome to come up early for brunch and drinks at the new Anderson Reserve Restaurant in Sweet, Idaho. Like them on FaceBook and keep an eye on the ever-changing menu with prices.
- Meet the crew at Outdoors International, and De Wet, OI’s Premiere Outfitter in Africa and one of the top up and coming PH’s in South Africa.
- Sunday, March 1st – Appetizers start at 5:00.
- Presentation on hunting in southern Africa by De Wet at 6:00.
- Raffle for a FREE Africa Safari after the presentation (a value of $4,330).
5 Days Luxury Lodging
1 – Zebra
1 – Impala
1 – Warthog
1 – Baboon
(Give us a call for more information (208) 404-6264)
Discover How Comfortable South Africa can be at Beautiful Savannah Ranch
The lodge consists of 6 en-suite rooms, decorated in a modern afro-ethnic style. Elegant, yet understated and always in pristine condition with natural stone, wood and thatch. The lodge also boasts a swimming pool, fully stocked bar, an outside dining area, and a lapa area with fire pit and bbq.
The food is South African ‘Boere’ (local) with a touch of European. Expect lots of meat, vegetables, and fruit, all complimented by a variety of South African wines. You will eat a hearty breakfast, usually come back to the lodge for lunch, and then a nice dinner at night. Prior to dinner, you will lounge around the fire pit or in the bar talking about the day’s hunt and tomorrows plans. You will feel at ease with the staff, who treats you, not as a client but, as a friend.
You’ll be in good hands from the time you get picked up from the airport until you are returned.
- Comfortable doesn’t begin to describe the king size rooms
- The recently renovated ranch has all the modern amenities including good Wifi
- Daily laundry service will help to downsize what you need to pack
- Relax around the raised fire platform in the evenings
- The Chef will offer you a true experience of African culinary arts
The Hunting is Incredible!
The hunting is off the hook! You’ll see LOTS of game, the staff is incredibly accommodating, De Wet and his top notch crew of PH’s are fun, friendly, and professional, and you’ll eat spectacular food and the lodging is 5-star. There’s not a bad thing we could say about our South Africa safari hunts. Whether you go hunting solo, with your family, or with a large group, we can customize your safari to your needs.
If you have non-hunters in your group, don’t worry because there are plenty of activities available.
- Visit Kruger National Park
- Elephant back safaris
- Curio Shopping
- Rock Art Expose’ – Bushmen paintings
- African tribal dancing
- A visit to the White Lions
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Bird Watching
- Trips to outlying areas
- Helicopter rides
- Horse Riding game viewing Safaris
- Just relax and enjoy Africa
Come up and enjoy an evening with us at “The Barn” in beautiful Sweet, Idaho!
Anderson Reserve is a newly opened top shelf Butcher Shop, and an exquisite Fine Dining experience! Don’t be dissuaded by the “newness”…the Anderson’s bring three generations of experience to the premium cuts of the finest meats you can get; and take the time to enjoy a meal, you’ll be happy you did! The Execute Chef will reinvent the menu every weekend to make every visit unique and unexpected; enhanced by the hand-picked wines with recommended pairings for the dishes being served.
Lunch and dinner on Fridays and Saturdays; Sunday brunch; Enjoy mixed drinks and fine wine with your meal.
- The menu is new and unique every weekend
- Live music every weekend
- Order in-house dry-aged meats
- Learn more
How to Get There
From Treasure Valley you can drive through Horseshoe Bend or Emmett to get to Sweet. If you want to let loose with us, or just don’t feel like driving, there will be a Party Bus available from Boise to “The Barn” in Sweet, and back down to Boise after the event.
Anderson Reserve (The Barn)
7275 Sweet Ola Hwy
Sweet, ID 83670