Bird Hunting in Mexico
Bird hunting in Mexico is like dialing back the glory days of wingshooting here in the States. If you grew up hunting birds, you’ll love these trips!
Why we think you should consider bird hunting in Mexico:
- Prime shooting is just a few hours south of the border.
- Doves, quail, ducks, and even pheasants are plentiful.
- The bag limits are generous. In some areas the shooting can even rival the dove hunting in Argentina.
- Our Haciendas are great places to take a large group or host a corporate trip.
Tamaulipas, Mexico Bird Hunts
At this lodge near Lake Guerrero in northeast Mexico you will find exceptional dove shooting, fast-flying wild quail and spectacular waterfowl hunting.
The Mexico dove hunting here is nothing short of spectacular.
Thousands of acres of corn and sorghum fields are close to the lodge, and extensive pre-hunt scouting keeps driving times to the shooting areas to a minimum.
On the dove field, there will be two bridboys waiting for you with a chair and a cooler full of drinks. Your shotgun and shells will be handled by the van driver. After the hunt we set up a table, chairs and a nice umbrella so you can sit back and relax with a cold drink, talking with your hunting companions about that afternoon hunt.
Mexico Quail Hunting
Quail Hunts are a Combo with Waterfowl and Dove Shooting
In addition to the dove hunting, the Hacienda also conducts traditional walk-up quail hunts behind pointers on fence rows, tree and brush lines and in grain fields.
The Hacienda also offers duck hunting on Lake Guerrero for Pintails, Widgeons, Mottled Ducks, Gadwalls, Green Wing Teal, Blue Wing Teal, Cinnamon Teal, Black Bellied Tree Ducks and Bluebills. You can hunt ducks or quail in the morning, quail or doves in the afternoon. To top it all off, you can even go bass fishing on Lake Guerrero.
When to go:
- Whitewing Dove: Early August through late of October
- Mourning Dove: Early August through late February
- Bobwhite Quail: Early November through late February
- Waterfowl: Early November through late February
Ready to go bird hunting in Mexico? Let us customize a hunt for your group!
Have questions about one of our bird hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect hunt, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.