Bird Hunts in Texas
There’s more to Texas than just dove hunts…upland bird hunts in Texas can be incredible with a variety of species. Texas upland birds include the American woodcock; the unique chachalaca, also known as the “Mexican Tree Pheasant”; White-winged and mourning doves; snipe; ringneck pheasant; and three species of quail – bobwhite, scaled quail and Gambel’s.
Why You Should Consider Upland Bird Hunts in Texas
- Texas has some extremely good dove hunting.
- One of the only places to hunt chachalaca.
- Great quail hunting.
- Texas has long bird hunting seasons with generous bag limits.
Dove Hunting Texas
Some of the very best dove hunting in Texas. Hunt large fields of sunflowers and dove weed that lie in the flyways as doves migrate.
A central Texas dove hunt at its finest with some of the most beautiful sunsets you will ever see. Be prepared for two evening of Texas dove hunting over native sunflower fields located in Brown and Coleman Counties. Eat some of the finest meals you will be talking about for weeks to come. Enjoy visiting with other hunters from all over while watching the games on the big screen or playing cards or domino’s while enjoying cocktails for the bar.
Itinerary for Dove Hunting Texas
Dove hunters check in around 11:00 to fill out paperwork and get their room assignments before they sit down for lunch. After lunch they can relax before traveling to the field for their afternoon Texas dove hunt. After the hunt and checking in their birds to be cleaned the clients can travel back to the lodge for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres before supper.
The next morning starts off with breakfast at 8:00 am and following breakfast the clients are to travel to our sporting clays range by 9:00 to compete for prizes. Following the shooting range we will have lunch and another afternoon dove hunt in a different field. After the hunt and checking in their birds the clients can help themselves to peel your own shrimp in the field before traveling back to the lodge for cocktails and supper.
The next morning a light breakfast is served at 7:00 am and they can pick up their packaged birds for their travels home.
The Dove Hunting Guides
When dove hunting Texas with this outfitter, a guide and a guides helper will be provided for each 20-25 person group. Once you arrive at the field clients are placed in a trailer to be taken around the field to be placed in a predetermined spot to give the clients the best possible opportunity to harvest doves. They will be checked on by the guides throughout the afternoon hunt and provided with drinks and shells as needed. After the hunt they will be picked back up in the trailer and taken back to camp to check in their birds and travel back to the lodge.
Two half-day Texas dove hunts with two nights of lodging.
- Texas dove season is September 1, through October 15.
- Hunt native sunflower fields in Brown and Coleman counties.
- Hunt different fields every day – Two evenings of wingshooting, shells provided (12,16 & 20 gauge), along with water, gatorade and camp stools with an insulated compartment for cold drinks and an ammunition box that holds three to four boxes of shells.
- Staff will supply additional shells and cold drinks as needed at the field location.
- Two types lodging are available:
- Dorm room setting for up to 6 people
- Leadership Lodge with double occupancy
- Six home cooked meals.
- Morning are spent shooting at the sporting clays range.
- Your guide will clean the birds and package them in a cooler for the trip home.
We’d love to help you book a great hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our wingshooting destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.