TAKE ME BACK TO SOUTH AFRICA
by Gloria Gott
1. PASSPORT- ” Do your homework!” :
Here’s what we did:
- Called Regional Passport Office. Appointments are made by an operator at 1 877-487-2778 , the office doesn’t accept phone calls (all transactions must take place in person). We made an appointment for the next morning.
- Called our Senator’s office to check our facts, documents needed and advocate for us with Regional Passport Office once we arrived to our appointment.
- Gathered all personal documents needed, pre-filled out the required passport documents.
- Obtained PERFECT passport photos (pay for two when in doubt, print them and bring them with you to your appointment).
- Booked an early morning one way flight to Seattle.
South Africa requirements: https://travel.state.gov/conte
2. WHEN IN DOUBT- “Say yesssss to adventure!”