Hunt Report from our African Hunt Winner
This is my first guided hunt, but Botes was amazing. He was able to keep me encouraged and motivated, and he suggested I hold out for true trophies. I would rate him an 11 on a scale from 1-10.
Let me start by saying it was the trip of a lifetime! I won one of this years hunt giveaways from Outdoors International, along with Brye Mangum, and the moment Botes picked us up at the airport in South Africa and from that point on I knew we were in good hands. He was able to help us get through security, and we were off to the hunting concession quickly. After arriving at the lodge and stowing our Safari gear in very nice accommodations I took several shots with my bow to verify thing hadn’t moved while my Father shot his rifle at the range near the lodge.
As we drove out on the first evenings hunt I was amazed to see giraffes, blue wildebeests, impala, eland, warthogs and zebras. We spent the evening spot and stalk zebra hunting. The day culminated with me missing a 46 yard shot at a zebra stallion, after we slipped into the herd. I was bummed I had missed, but very excited to be on the ground in Africa.
The hunt got better and better and the quality of the trophy’s was astounding. I got two warthogs with my bow, one that has almost ten inches of exposed tusks, a beautiful zebra stallion, a 23.5 inch impala, and a beautiful 54.5″ kudu. The pictures and trophies will forever remind me of our experiences in Africa. This is not a canned hunt and was very rewarding as each trophy was collected.
This hunt turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts, and I was able to share the experience with my father. I have always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it would be a reality for me. My Dad told me all the way to Africa how this once in a lifetime hunt would one he wouldn’t forget. After only seven days of hunting he changed his story considerably. He told anyone who would listen about the trip and how he could wait to get back to Africa for another hunt of a lifetime. Africa is truly amazing and I can’t wait to get back.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more. This is my first guided hunt, but Botes was amazing. He was able to keep me encouraged and motivated, and he suggested I hold out for true trophies. I would rate him an 11 on a scale from 1-10.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were amazing.
- My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes