Marco Polo Hunting Tajikistan
We work with a local outfitter who provides local guides, assistants, cooks, vehicles, horses, camps, food, lodging and interpreter (one per camp). They acquire the local licenses/tags/permits and CITES Export, where applicable, for the hunters, and they are politically well connected. The outfitter speaks English and also hires the same 4 local guides (2 per hunter) for all the hunters.
- We work with a North American outfitter, and you will also have an interpreter with you.
- The average ram taken on this hunt will be in the mid-50s with a very real possibility to find a ram that will break that magical 60″ mark.
- Ibex are also available on a trophy fee basis.
- Fall hunts take place September through Christmas.
- Winter hunts take place early January through February.
- Vehicles are used on many of the hunts, but because of the terrain, walking will get hunters to the larger animals. Horses are rarely used, so hunters need to be in excellent hiking condition to hunt the areas with the best rams.
- If you stay for the entire duration of the hunt and do not have an opportunity at a good representative animal, you can come back during the same hunting season for a nominal amount.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Tajikistan is arguably the best place to hunt Marco Polo sheep.
If you are looking for a 55 inch + Marco Polo sheep, look no further. Tajikistan is the ultimate trophy destination for giant Marco Polo rams. Marco Polo hunting Tajikistan consistently produces the biggest rams in the world year after year! The average ram taken on this hunt will be in the mid-50s with a very real possibility to find a ram that will break that magical 60″ mark.
Marco polo hunting Tajikistan is as well regulated and safe as mountain sheep hunting can be.
This outfitter works directly with the same local outfit and guides year in and year out. They will make sure you have all the necessary licenses, tags and permits as required. This North America based outfitter spends 2-3 months every year on the ground in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan evaluating hunting areas, trophy quality, guides, and scouting for trophy rams.
The early Marco polo sheep hunting season in Tajikistan runs from September through October. On these early season hunts you will spike out to give you the best opportunity to get on trophy rams.
Marco Polo Rut Hunt
The rut hunt runs Mid-November through December 25.
The late hunts run January 1 through March 1. On the late hunts you will usually return to base camp each night as the temperatures get quite cold. Typically you will travel to and from camp by either vehicle or foot.