New Mexico Drop Camp Elk Hunts
Unguided Wilderness Drop Hunt
- Archery Season takes place in September and your hunt will go for a period of six days.
- Rifle and Muzzleloader season are from October 1st through December 31st. Your hunt will last for five days (add a day to both ends of your hunt for packing in and out)
- Most hunters have the opportunity to harvest mature bulls.
- This is a wilderness hunt so make sure you get yourself in the proper shape.
- This hunt is unguided, no-one will be there to help you hunt but you will be dropped off in camp.
Are you looking for an unguided New Mexico elk hunt? If so, one of our outfitters is offering an unguided trip into the New Mexico wilderness! Their drop camps are in some of the best elk hunting areas in New Mexico! With camps located within easy range of your hunting area, this hunt offers the simplicity most hunters dream of. This allows you to hunt on foot from camp, eliminating the need for horses or long hikes to get into good hunting.
They will pack you and your gear into camp when you first arrive and will also pack you out of camp along with your elk. How often do you get dropped off in prime elk country! No need to go long distances to find animals because you will be right in the heart of you hunting area.
The drop camp is set up prior to your unguided hunt. Camp consists of two wall tents, cooking and eating utensils, propane cook stove, lanterns, heaters and cots. You provide your personal gear and food. The outfitter will pack you and your gear into and out of camp, and will also pack out your elk.
If you’re looking for a cost effective, DIY, Moose hunt, get ahold of Outdoors International. I’ve never been more appreciative of a company and the knowledge they share to put together this hunt for my dad and I. Thanks for everything!
Coming from Iowa and having never hunted moose before, my dad and I weren’t exactly sure what to expect on a DIY moose hunt. Our worries of not seeing any moose vanished when we called in two 50” bulls 20 minutes after getting our camp set up!
Overall, it was a great adventure. Thanks for setting us up with this Outfitter!
It was truly a hunt of a lifetime and something I would suggest to anyone if able.
I plan on using them again in a couple of years when I take my caribou hunt!
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best unguided hunt for your budget and goals.