[PODCAST] Alaska Brown Bear with a Recurve
In this episode of the Outdoors International Podcast, Russ Meyer talks about his recent trip to Alaska with his client, Jared Griffith to chase brown bears with his recurve. They did a baited hunt and saw a ton of bears both black bears and brownies. [read the hunt report]
Please take the time to give us a review on iTunes.
With near 100% for this Alaska combo bear hunt you can get the best of both worlds with Alaska black bears in all different color phases, and brown bears with chocolate to almost a white colored fur. The schedule is also what sets this hunt aside. Wake up late as you will be hunting almost until midnight most nights. After you wake up enjoy some Sockeye salmon fishing before you hit the stands for the rest of the day.
This outfitter says that this has been one of there most reliable experiences over the last 5 years. All hunters that went for brown bear and black bear had shots! All hunters that wanted to harvest a black bear had the opportunity to harvest last year. Among those bears were several beautiful color-phase bears. This outfitter had about 30 baits and about 200 black bears and 80 brown bears that were visiting these baits.
Hunt Brown and Black Bears over bait in Alaska!
- Hunt brown bear AND black bear over bait.
- Success rates for brown bears are very high, with most hunters getting shot opportunities.
- Success for black bears has been 100% opportunity!
- Brown bears can square up to 9 feet with skulls that measure 26″ but 7-8 ft is average.
- Hunts are for 10 days with the 11th day saved for travel out of the cabin.
- Enjoy fishing for Sockeye Salmon during the day.
This hunt is an archery hunters dream. I shot THREE bears in one night. One brown bear and two blacks, then a third black bear on the last night. That was amazing to me! What hunt can you get four bears in 10 days?!