Our Alaska Peninsula brown bear hunt is in a premier hunting area. It is only hunted on even numbered years during the spring, and is hands down the best location for trophy sized brown bears in Alaska. This region is good, if not better than Kodiak Island for huge coastal brown bears.
The Alaska Peninsula BEATS Kodiak Island for HUGE brown bears.
Spring Hunts for Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear
A nine foot bear is the goal on the Peninsula, but multiple 10 footers are taken every spring.
In fact we’ve had two Outdoors International hunters take giant brown bears on this hunt that squared over 11 feet.
- The Spring season is May 10-31 (only on even numbered years).
- Many spring brown bears will square 10 feet.
- Hunting is from spike camps accessed by a Super Cub with large tundra tires.
- You will be hunting near the Bering Sea where bears will be searching for carcasses as the bears emerge from their dens.
Fall Hunts for Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear
If you’re truly after a 10 foot brown bear, you want to consider the fall hunt on the Alaska Peninsula.
- The Fall season is October 1-21 (only on odd numbered years).
- Each year we take at least one bear from this area that will qualify for SCI and B&C.
- You will be spot-and-stalk or stand hunting primarily in the low country along the salmon fishing streams and rivers which will be full of returning sockeye and silver salmon. The bears will be feeding on the fish to gain weight needed for hibernation.
We Offer a Few Lodge and Yacht based Hunts on the Peninsula
If you want to hunt out of a historic Alaska hunting and fishing lodge, and have the opportunity at a ten footer, then you have that option during the fall brown bear hunts. This is a good hunt for hunters with physical limitations, such as wheelchair or mobility issues.
Or you can choose our yacht based Alaska Peninsula brown bear hunt and have your own private room and meals prepared by a chef.
These lodge based spots are severely limited, so contact us fast if you’re interested.
Book Your HUNT
If a big brown bear is on your bucket list, you should consider our Alaska Peninsula brown bear hunts.
#OI-AFG3 | OI-AWCG1 | OI-RE2
Here at Outdoors International, we pride ourselves on having a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable consultants. They are passionate about ensuring your hunting experience surpasses all expectations. We understand the importance of meticulous planning and seamless logistics for a successful hunt.
Book your Alaska Peninsula brown bear hunt today. The Outdoors International team is here to make your adventure safe, memorable, and absolutely exhilarating.