Montana Whitetail Hunt
Deer hunting in Montana is different from most other places whitetails live…there’s so much food and cover that bucks have no pattern at all. Luckily though, there are LOTS of deer in this beautiful state.
Why choose a Montana whitetail hunt:
- Trophy quality is great. Bucks get old in Montana because they aren’t over hunted.
- With lots of archery options, Montana is a great place to go for a solid Pope and Young buck.
- High success rates because there are good numbers of deer.
- Combo options in Montana include whitetail/mule deer, or whitetail/pronghorn antelope.
Whitetail Deer Combo Hunts in Southeastern Colorado
We have lots of combo options on this Montana deer hunt.
Lodging is provided on all hunts with all the comforts of home. Breakfast and dinner are cooked and served at the lodge. Lunches are packed and taken along daily to the field. You will not go hungry! No matter where you are hunting, can rest assured that ranches are carefully managed for trophy quality and success.
Not only is this a great Montana whitetail hunt, it’s also one our most affordable deer hunts!
- Combo your whitetail hunt with mule deer. Or, you can combo your deer hunt with a pronghorn antelope.
- Lots of game (both species of deer and antelope).
- Option to hunt two bucks. One in Northeast Wyoming and one in Southeast Montana.
- 2:1 guiding unless otherwise specified.
- High success rates.
- Clean, comfortable lodging.
- Contact us for pricing and availability.
This can be a great deer hunt in Montana; a 2-buck, 2-state hunt in Montana AND Wyoming; a mule deer whitetail combo hunt; or a whitetail/pronghorn antelope combo hunt. So many choices! If you hunt during November, you can hunt either a whitetail OR mule deer during the rut. There are good numbers of both species.
The antelope combo hunts are conducted in the 700 region. These hunts are physically easy with large numbers of game seen, and success rates running between 95 – 100% on bucks averaging over 14 inches.
Northwest Montana Deer Hunts
This is a unique Montana whitetail hunt in the mountains for big timber bucks.
You’ll be hunting big deer in big timber in some of the most spectacular and remote country in the United States. This area of Montana is remote and hunting pressure is minimal. Without exaggerating, you generally don’t see another hunter in the woods.
- Northwestern Montana holds some good bucks. OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL shoot a lot of bucks in the 130-150 inch range. Every year, a few bucks in the 170 plus class are taken in this area as well.
- Hunting season is the end of October through November.
- Log cabin lodging.
- Can combo your deer hunt with an elk.
- Guiding is either 1-on-1 or 2-on-1, depending on your preference.
- License and tags are over the counter.
Northwestern Montana has a strong population of whitetails, and big bucks are plentiful.
Other parts of the state have experienced population crashes due to disease or winter kill, but Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks biologists have told us that this herd continues to grow. Whenever possible this outfitter likes to concentrate on mature bucks that are at least 4 years old.