Black Bear Hunting in British Columbia
Spot-and-stalk, British Columbia Black Bear Hunt
- Accommodations are out of a main lodge that has running water, showers, and flush toilets.
- Black bear hunting in British Columbia is spot and stalk, with 1-on-1, or 2-on-1 guiding.
- Easy physical hunt, most of hunting is done by driving roads, walking pipelines, and glassing cut blocks. NO BAITING. (Hounds can be used if desired at an extra cost.)
- Average bears harvested have 18-20″ skulls and average 6.5 feet with several bears over 7 feet harvested every spring.
- 100% opportunity and 95% success; 70% success on second bear
- 7 day hunts
- Hunts start May 5th until June 15th
- Allowed to harvest 2 bears and wolf
Black bear hunting in British Columbia is incredible!
With plenty of vegetation and lots of rain, there is a dense population of bears. They tend to be equal in size, or bigger than coastal bears. There are also opportunities to harvest color phase bears (i.e. blonde, cinnamon, or chocolate.)
Accommodations are clean comfortable, timber framed cabins equipped with a wood stove. The main lodge has running hot water, flush toilets, and showers. It is also used for all meals and socializing. This is a remote camp so please take into consideration that not all amenities are available. There is no wifi or phone service at the lodge. Cell service can be obtained at different points within the concession.
Hunting takes place in the afternoons and evenings. A typical day will begin with waking up and Breakfast being served between 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. everyday. After breakfast guides will prepare for the afternoon hunt to head out shortly thereafter. After hunting for the day you will return to the main lodge for dinner which is usually served between 10 and 11pm.
Home style meals
- Hot Breakfasts could include a variety of eggs, hash browns, pancakes, french toast, sausage, bacon and toast.
- Lunches are bagged. Sandwiches or wraps alongside a variety of snacks.
- Dinners are home style and vary daily.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy hunt bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
Overall the trip was great. Bear hunting was great, and a little fishing as a bonus. Harvested a nice bear.
The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot 3 Bears in one night. One Brown and two Black Bears. I then shot a third Black Bear on the last night.
Hunting with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!
I have to say up front that this Vessel-Based Alaska black bear hunt was one of the most awesome hunting trips I have ever been on.
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best bear hunt for your budget and goals.