Alaska Grizzly Bear Hunt
If you're looking to hunt a grizzly bear, this is THE HUNT for you.
This outfitter took the WORLD RECORD GRIZZLY BEAR just a few years ago.
Bear populations are at all time high and hunter success for past five years has been 90% with average hide squaring over 8′. The majority qualifying for SCI and many B&C grizzlies as well. Grizzly bear populations are at an all time high in Alaska’s Game Management #19. Bears in this unit are classified as “grizzly bears” by SCI and B&C considers a good portion of them grizzlies as well.
- The fall grizzly bear hunt takes place in September and October. In the fall, hunters have the option of making it a combo hunt for grizzly, trophy moose, caribou, and or black bear.
- The spring hunt can produce HUGE bears that are just coming out of hibernation.
- Hunters can expect to rise early and glass from camp, eat a hot breakfast, and then hike to a “lookout” where they will glass. Once a good bear is spotted, a stalk is made to within 50 to 150 yards.
- Success rate over the years stands at about 90%. Our hunters on this hunt have consistently taken grizzlies with hides that will square 8′ with skulls between 23″ and 26″.
- Hunts take place in rolling hills (alpine) areas with elevations between 500′ and 2,000′. Although not difficult, hunters should be comfortable with hiking two to five miles a day in hilly country.
- Weather in Alaska is unpredictable. Be prepared and pack accordingly. You shouldn’t see any snow, but expect some rain & wind. Bugs are not usually an issue, but bug dope & headnets are provided when needed.
- All trips are 1×1 with one hunter per spike camp unless the hunt was booked as 2×1. License and tags are over-the-counter.
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
I have to say up front that this Vessel-Based Alaska black bear hunt was one of the most awesome hunting trips I have ever been on.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!
Hunting with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot 3 Bears in one night. One Brown and two Black Bears. I then shot a third Black Bear on the last night.
The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
Overall the trip was great. Bear hunting was great, and a little fishing as a bonus. Harvested a nice bear.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy hunt bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.