HUNTER: Mark White
HUNT: Unguided Moose Hunt in Alaska
CONSULTANT: Russ Meyer | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
The moose hunt overall was a great success and we’ve already re-booked for 2022!
We averaged seeing 14 moose per day with an average of 10 of them being bulls! The rut appeared to just be kicking off as we saw mainly saw small bachelor groups of bulls. My bull had a cow that he was with and we did see a couple other bulls with cows but we mostly saw small groups of bulls together.
We killed both of our bulls from camp on the 3rd and 4th day. After we were tagged out, we called six more bulls into camp one evening. We had four bulls all com in together at one point!
- Overall, my moose hunt was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was fair.
- The accommodations were fair.
We had two minor issues that I had been warned about from OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL and several of the hunters I had called and talked to.
- One was around communication once you were in the field. I’ve discussed the details with Russ Meyer, but ultimately the outfitter’s lack of timely response caused some anxiety during the hunt. You just didn’t know if they’d received your text or not since they didn’t reply. That caused us to burn more battery time on our inReach than necessary because we were waiting on responses that sometimes didn’t happen all day. In the end, they did deliver on getting our animals and ourselves out of the bush in a timely fashion, they just communicated the plan poorly.
- The second item was that we had booked a supplied camp, and quite a bit of the food had expired, some of it two years prior. It was all packaged items like mashed potatoes, fettuccine, fruit cups, etc., but when we paid for food and camp supplies you at least want it to not be expired. On our next trip we are going to supply our own camp and food supplies. Having said that, I do recommend the supplied camp for a first time person due to the logistics of getting all of your gear to Bethel, Alaska in time for your hunt. We ran into several hunters who’s supplies had not shown up yet and they had to stay in town until they arrived.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes. Already did!
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner