Idaho Bighorn Sheep (Unit 26)
Idaho Sheep Units 26, 26L, and 27L
The Frank Church is an incredible wilderness area, this outfitter is amazing, and the sheep hunting is really good. To top it all off, it’s not crazy hard to draw this tag. If you have drawn and you’ll looking for a great outfitter, get ahold of us. This sheep hunt is in the heart of the rutting and wintering area, is fairly easy to draw, and this Outfitter is a great choice for hunters who buy the Idaho Auction Tag. These Idaho sheep hunts are the real thing… the unmatched landscapes of the Frank Church Wilderness Area, pack in on horseback, camping out, spot & stalk hunting, experienced guides, outstanding meals and much more.
- Rams range in size from 160″ to 180″+. Some true monsters have been taken on this hunt over the years.
- Drawing Odds are some of the best for any sheep hunt, anywhere.
There are three different ways to acquire a bighorn sheep tag in Idaho.
- You can apply through the annual Idaho Fish & Game lottery. You must buy a hunting license and apply during the month of April.
- Each winter Idaho auctions off a statewide sheep tag. It usually sells between $30,000 & $120,000. (Unit 11, considered the best sheep tag in Idaho, is excluded every other year.)
- Idaho offers an annual raffle for a statewide sheep tag. (Unit 11 is excluded every other year.)
Where to apply: Units 26, 26L & 27L. All are wilderness fly-in hunts. The application numbers can change annually so be sure to check the Idaho Fish & Game website, for the current 4-digit unit number. You must apply during the month of April. Sheep hunts vary from the time of year you can hunt, the toughness of terrain, access, drawing odds and more. Give us a call so we can plan a sheep hunt that is right for you (208) 991-4868.