Idaho Bighorn Sheep Hunting
Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep are found in the stereotypical mountain country, and California bighorns can be found in the high desert country of Southern Idaho. California bighorn sheep count towards your Rocky Mountain for those of you going for you Sheep Slam.
How to get an Idaho bighorn sheep hunting tag:
- You can apply through the annual Idaho Fish and Game lottery. You must buy a hunting license and apply during the month of April.
- Each winter Idaho auctions off a statewide sheep tag at the national Wild Sheep Foundation convention. It usually sells between $30,000 & $120,000. (Unit 11, considered the best sheep tag in Idaho, is excluded every other year.)
- Idaho offers an annual raffle for a statewide sheep tag administered through the Idaho Wild Sheep Foundation. (Unit 11 is excluded every other year.)
- Once you draw, get in touch with us!
Idaho Wilderness Bighorn Sheep Hunt
Idaho Sheep Units 26, 26L, 27L and 20A in the Frank Church Wilderness Area
Idaho Wilderness Bighorn Sheep Hunt in the Frank Church
Do to the remote nature of these hunts, Idaho Sheep Units 26, 26L, 27L and 20A in the Frank Church Wilderness Area are some of the “easiest” sheep tags to draw in North America.
The Frank Church is an incredible wilderness area, this outfitter is amazing, and the sheep hunting is really good. To top it all off, it’s not crazy hard to draw this tag. If you have drawn and you’ll looking for a great outfitter, get ahold of us. This sheep hunt is in the heart of the rutting and wintering area, is fairly easy to draw, and this Outfitter is a great choice for hunters who buy the Idaho Auction Tag. These Idaho bighorn sheep hunts are the real thing… the unmatched landscapes of the Frank Church Wilderness Area, pack in on horseback, camping out, spot-and-stalk hunting, experienced guides, outstanding meals and much more.
- Very remote.
- Fly-in, horseback hunts
- Rams range in size from 160 to 180+ inches. Some true monster rams have been taken on this hunt over the years.
- Drawing odds for these units are some of the best for any sheep hunt, anywhere.
- Give us a call so we can plan a sheep hunt that is right for you (208) 991-4868.
Sheep and tag numbers are on the increase which is good news all around.
If you wish to sheep hunt, let us know now and we will in turn provide you with a reminder and information when the drawing time draws near. This is very special hunt and should be considered by anyone who calls himself a hunter, at least once before you retire the boots and rifle.
Idaho Bighorn Sheep Hunting Units 26, 26L, 27L and 20A
All of these units are wilderness fly-in hunts. The application numbers can change annually so be sure to check the Idaho Fish & Game website, for the current 4-digit unit number. You must apply during the month of April. Sheep hunts vary from the time of year you can hunt, the toughness of terrain, access, drawing odds and more.