Desert Bighorn Sheep Hunts Mexico
No Draw. Finish your Grand Slam with a Mexico Desert Bighorn.
- Over the Counter. NO DRAW REQUIRED!
- Safe, legal hunts on private ranches.
- Hunt until you get your ram, with 3 to 6 guides per hunter.
- Great lodging and incredible food.
- Sheep hunting Season is December thru March but best time to hunt is January.
- Coues deer or mule deer can be taken at an additional trophy fee.
Look no further if you need a Desert Bighorn sheep to finish your slam. These hunts in Sonora guarantee a 100% shooting opportunity! We work with outfitters who have several prime ranches leased in Sonora, Mexico that have free range sheep and great genetics (a high fence option is also available). All of these sheep hunts are spot-and-stalk, and fully guided by a head guide and 3 to 5 highly experienced assistant guides.
Sheep and tag numbers are on the increase which is good news all around. If you wish to sheep hunt, let us know now and we will in turn provide you with a reminder and information when the drawing time draws near. This is very special hunt and should be considered by anyone who calls himself a hunter, at least once before you retire the boots and rifle.
- I love to hunt elk. Guiding hunts, floats, and fishing are all very special ways for me to earn a living. The difference is that… “I have to Sheep Hunt!” For me, there is no other place that I have found and no other experience that compares. I am sure there are many rams taken each year beside the road, on the trail or next to the river… those have nothing to do with what I am speaking of. In the 80’s and 90’s I guided countless Bighorn and Dall Sheep hunts. We would drop a hunter off at the airstrip (successful or not) sometimes on the proverbial verge of death, only to gather up the next victim and head out again. It never grew tiring, in fact it was just the opposite. “Exhilarating” would be more appropriate. I love every aspect of the sheep hunt. The terrain, camaraderie, the camping, the rocks. I love the rocks. Bighorn Sheep tags became more difficult to acquire through the 90’s and on into the new millennium.
- I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I’d be drawn for an Idaho Bighorn Sheep Tag. I’d been putting in for 10 years and was drawn for the 2017 early season tag. I had gone on a successful guided mule deer hunt in November 2016 with the same outfitter, and was so impressed with the operation that I decided to change sheep areas and put my sheep tag in for his area.