The wide antlered, dark horned mule deer of Sonora, Mexico are some of the most impressive mule deer available in North America today. Because of this, mule deer hunts in Mexico are highly sought after, attracting hunters from around the globe.
Proper management along with minimal hunting pressure make Mexico stand out from the crowd.
What truly makes an area like this unique is a natural mix of hills and desert flats, giving us the ability to get a birds eye view of the terrain these mule deer call home. We limit the number of hunters each season to a number we feel the area can more than withstand. Making for a quality hunting in the Sonora area with little pressure and big trophy mule deer.
What is the trophy quality on your mule deer hunts in Mexico?
That is always (understandably the first question people ask. Pick a number between one and a million… It’s 200 isn’t it If you’re wondering if our hunters ever kill 200 inch monsters, the answer is “yes, but rarely.” Muley bucks of that caliber are difficult to find anywhere in the world.
That said, other than a few extremely limited entry units, or possibly our Alberta hunts, there aren’t many places that can compete with our Mexico mule deer hunts. You should expect a shot opportunity at a mature mule deer around 170 to 180 inches or so. Bucks bigger than that are out there, and it could happen for you.
Rifle Mule Deer Hunts in Mexico
Rifle mule deer hunts primarily run during the rut in January. This is prime time to hunt because the deer are constantly moving and a “Muy Grande” can appear at any time or anywhere. Your hunting days will consist of a mix of glassing and high racking.
These hunts take place the first few weeks of December. The archery hunts are much different than the rifle hunts. You’ll be hunting from ground blinds over feeders and/or water.
Think about making it a Coues Deer Combo.
As a general rule, Coues deer live in the more mountainous areas, while mule deer prefer the desert flats. If the ranch you’re hunting has both species, you should seriously consider Coues deer hunting after you’ve taken your Sonora muley.
Are you considering one of our Mule Deer Hunts in Mexico?
- Demand definitely exceeds supply. These hunts aren’t going to get any more affordable.
- In terms of trophy quality, not many other places can compete with Sonora, especially since you don’t have to draw.
- Many bucks score over 170-180 inches, and approach that magical thirty inch mark. Our hunters average 190 inches, but a few 200 inch bucks are taken on a normal year.
- It is not uncommon to see many bucks a day on some of these ranches.
- We think you should seriously consider combining Mexico mule deer hunts with a trophy coues deer.
- Our outfitters are almost all Americans, in fact one of them has dual citizenship.
- Your guides will be experienced mule deer hunters, and in most cases, also be American. At the very minimum, you will have someone who speaks good English with you at all times.
If this sounds like the Sonora muley hunt you’ve been looking for, just fill out the form below. One of our consultants will get you more information on the outfitters, current pricing and availability.
Charles House –
I couldn’t have asked for more. Very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, caring, Best hunt I ever had.
Randy T. –
The outfitter worked hard for me and paired me with a great guide. I would go on this hunt again.