Alberta mule deer hunting has quietly become one of the premiere destinations in North America.
If you leave this Canadian province out of your list when you’re talking big buck areas, you need to do some research. Alberta mule deer hunts deserve a place next to the greats like the Paunsaugunt and Henry Mountains in Utah, the Kaibab Plateau in Arizona, the east slopes of Colorado and New Mexico.
- No draw required in Alberta. We have guaranteed tags available in trophy mule deer zones.
- In Alberta there is a high probability of taking a heavy 160 to 180 inch buck.
- A real possibility for a huge 180, even up to, or over 200 inch mule deer!
- These are low elevation farm hunts that don’t require extreme physical fitness to be successful.
ALBERTA MULE DEER HUNTS:
Peace River Region
Outfitters: LO3, GWH1
Alberta has been known for a long time as one of the premier places for a chance at a Boone and Crockett mule deer.
Alberta mule deer hunting is some of the best in the world. Here at Outdoors International, we offer excellent Alberta mule deer hunts as well as trophy whitetail.
Every single year, a few giants over 200 inches are taken. Our outfitters hold a large number of tags across the province, so if we start planning early, we can usually find you a hunt.
- Rifle season runs the entire month of November.
- Archery Alberta mule deer hunting trips take place in mid September. The bucks are in their bachelor groups and feeding during long daylight hours.
- Success rates are near 100% yearly on bucks scoring at least 170 inches with an amazing amount of bucks being over 200 inches. This is an INCREDIBLE mule deer hunt!
- These hunts are sometimes booked 2 yrs in advance. For a good chance at a 200+” mule deer, we HIGHLY suggest getting on the waiting list.
- License and tags are over-the-counter.
There are some great bow hunting opportunities!
If you hunt early in the season, expect to see as many as 15 bucks at a time in bachelor groups feeding in canola fields or oats. These bucks bed in the fields in midday, giving the hunter an excellent spot and stalk opportunity or to position a climber stand for a push.
On Alberta archery mule deer hunts, you should be able to do a couple of stalks a day, and sit in the evenings for at least a 170-class mule deer.
We have a VERY LIMITED number of archery mule deer, moose combos available in the Peace River Zone.
You can combo an Alberta mule deer hunt with a whitetail deer.
There are some giant whitetail bucks in Alberta. In fact, a few seasons ago our average whitetail scored an incredible 181 inches! That’s tough to beat anywhere! Double that with the probability of a huge mule deer, and you have the recipe for a dream hunt!
Book quickly if you’re interested in hunting in Alberta, as tags are limited.
Due to the amazing trophy quality, these hunts are in extremely high demand and usually booked years in advance. If you want to go on one of our Alberta mule deer hunts you need to contact us soon.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success in Alberta.
Steep trails and cliff faces left me with some outstanding great memories of this hunt. Twas a true western adventure all the way around.
This was three days of exhausting, exciting, and intense mule deer hunting. Just what the doctor ordered!!! This is hunting at its truest. By foot and horseback. Couldn’t get any better. Thank you Outdoors International!