New Mexico Mule Deer Hunting
New Mexico Mule Deer Hunting
When it comes to mule deer hunting in New Mexico, our secret to consistent success is securing good private land, and hunting with a premium outfitter.
New Mexico can be a tough hunt, but thanks to good management, habitat and genetics, New Mexico mule deer hunting with our outfitters should continue to produce trophy class mule deer for years to come. Every year our hunters take a few monster bucks in this great state, and the potential for that B&C buck is there for sure!
Why you should consider mule deer hunting in New Mexico:
- New Mexico mule deer hunts are on a limited draw entry so don’t hesitate to reach out, so we can advise you on where to apply. Our outfitters utilize the outfitter’s pool, increasing your draw odds!
- If you are unable to draw a tag there are almost always landowner tags available.
- Most hunters have the opportunity to harvest mature bucks with our NM outfitters.
- Typically, you’ll take an ATV to get to the hunting area, and then you will proceed on foot.
I have hunted with this outfitter each year for the past three years with incredible success. The three bucks I have taken with him were a 187″ buck with 45″ of mass, a giant buck scoring 203″, and a beautiful 195″ typical. The quality of this hunt is unbeatable, both in terms of trophy animals and knowledgeable, friendly guides.
Mule Deer Hunting in New Mexico
We have guaranteed mule deer tags in New Mexico if you book early.
Book early if you want to go on this mule deer hunt.
- Last year’s opportunity and success rates were both 100%
- Average trophy during the general season scores 170″, while his average rut-hunt buck scores 180″ B&C
- Early archery dates are September 1st through September 5th
- General season dates are October 27th through October 31st
- Pre-rut dates are November 26th through November 30th
- Full-rut dates are December 12th through December 16th. The full-rut hunts are limited to two hunters per ranch each season. Book early to reserve the most action-packed dates available!
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
Thanks for reaching out to check on me after my hunt. I can’t compliment the outfitter enough. They provided us a fantastic hunt and were able to adjust the hunt to my physical limitations. We rate them A+ and we look forward to going back out with them one day. Moving forward we are scheduled to hunt moose in September and deer in November.
Steep trails and cliff faces left me with some outstanding great memories of this hunt. Twas a true western adventure all the way around.
This was three days of exhausting, exciting, and intense mule deer hunting. Just what the doctor ordered!!! This is hunting at its truest. By foot and horseback. Couldn’t get any better. Thank you Outdoors International!
Thank you Outdoors International for pointing us in the right direction! We are looking forward to going on this hunt again sometime soon.
This was a once in a lifetime hunt for me and all my expectations were met or exceeded. I would recommend this hunt to anyone.
We had our minds made up well before the hunt was over that we wanted to come back in 2016, and luckily we were able to book it again. I for one absolutely cant wait for the day we fly back into the Frank Church Wilderness.
Sonora is just what I thought it would be. Bad ass! 250,000 acres of desert mule deer heaven right on the Sea of Cortez, all ours. I don’t pick up a a rifle very often, and I’ve never done the high-rack thing, but when in Rome…. plus it was super fun.