NPO1 – South Dakota Bison Hunts with Northern Plains Outfitters
South Dakota Buffalo Hunt
You will be hunting on the rolling grass hills of north-eastern South Dakota on the same open Plains that Native Americans once hunted bison a century ago.
Need a description…
Excellent Hunting, Comfortable Lodging, Top Notch Customer Service, and Great Food!
- Hunt trophy bulls, smaller bulls or cows depending on your budget.
- Hunting season runs from early December through February.
- You can hunt bison with your bow, a muzzleloader, pistol or a rifle (minimum .27 caliber).
- You’ll be hunting bison on a huge ranch of 7,000 acres of prairie land.
Pricing Available Upon Request
This South Dakota Bison Hunt Includes:
- Lodging with Wireless Internet, Satellite TV, and more…
- Ground Blinds
- Field Transportation
- Field Dressing
- Meat processing
- 6.5% South Dakota State Sales Tax
- Staff Gratuities
- Trip Insurance
Lodging and Accommodations
The accommodations insure your time away from the field will be very comfortable.
Our South Dakota hunting lodge offers private lodging for various sized groups which allows you to never have to share your place with other hunters. It is your private place while hunting with us.
Meals include home-cooked buffet style meals that will have you gaining weight on your hunting trip not loosing it!
Our hard-working guides are experienced and will help you field judge your animal to ensure you harvest the bison you are looking for.
Located just south of Aberdeen, South Dakota in the town of Athol.
- From Aberdeen, South Dakota: At the junction of Hwy 12 and Hwy 281, head south on Hwy 281 for approximately 31 miles. Turn right or west on 165th Street and drive for 4 miles (stay on the paved road). Once you have gone 4 miles, you will come into a little town called Athol. Look for the outfitters’ sign on your right side. You’ve arrived!
- From Redfield, South Dakota: At the junction of Hwy 212 and Hwy 281, head North on Hwy 281 for approximately 7 miles. Turn left or west on 165th Street and drive 4 miles (stay on the paved road). Once you have gone 4 miles, you will come into a little town called Athol. Look for our sign on your right side. You’ve arrived!
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Have you been on a trip with us or one of our outfitters? We’d love to hear how it went. Please fill out a trip report.
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.
Suggested Gear List for a Bison Hunt
- Folding saw with bone blade
- Rifle with 20-40 rounds of ammo
- Knives/knife sharpener
- Good sleeping bag and sleeping pad
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle (with filter)
- Insect repellent (100% deet)
- Light stocking hat and gloves
- Camp shoes
- Insulated leather boots
- 1 pair hunting pants
- 1 pair top and bottom lightweight merino wool base layer
- 2-3 hunting shirts
- Light wool socks (1 pair for each day)
- Heavy coat with Gore-Tex
- Game bags
- Personal toiletry items
- Handheld GPS unit
- Batteries for any electrical device.