South Dakota Bison Hunt
- Fully guided South Dakota bison hunt on “7,000-plus acres – 3 1/2 square miles of untamed plains” of the ranch where the buffalo roam free.
- This DOES NOT feel like a fenced hunt!
- Trophy bulls are available. The largest bull that has been taken at the ranch weighed over 2,100 lbs. , younger trophy bulls weigh 1,200-1,500 lbs., cows 2 to 4 yrs of age weigh 900- 1,100 lbs.
- You can hunt bison with your bow, a muzzleloader, pistol or a rifle (minimum .27 caliber).
- You keep hide, skull and all the meat, world class taxidermy can be arranged for hide and skull (not included).
- Hunting is spot-and-stalk but can upgrade to a true western horseback hunt experience for an additional fee.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
This South Dakota bison hunt is a true western ranch hunt experience and a wonderful off-season chance to fill your freezer with some of the healthiest meat available. You’ll be hunting the same plains country where “Dances With Wolves” was filmed. You will spend two nights on the ranch while guided to your bison on over 7,000 acres of a 4th generation working cattle ranch. You can hunt your buffalo with a bow, black powder rifle or large caliber rifle.
You can hunt the animal of your choice ranging from a trophy bull, younger bull, meat cow or even a yearling calf. Don’t underestimate the size and looks of a cow as they too produce large amounts of meat, a beautiful hide and a nice skull for mounting. After you have shot your bison, they will transport your animal to a processing facility nearby that specializes in bison. You keep all your buffalo meat!
Lodging and Accommodations
- Ranch house accommodations on site, or a hunting lodge that offers private lodging for various sized groups which allows you to never have to share your place with other hunters. It is your private place while hunting with us.
- Home-cooked morning and evening meals provided.
Hunts are guided 1×1 or 2×2 by the ranch owner personally. This is typically a one day hunt. You’ll start with breakfast at the ranch house, then venture into the 3 1/2 square mile set of canyons and breaks where the bison hang out. Our hard-working guides are experienced and will help you field judge your animal to ensure you harvest the bison you are looking for.
Archery, Muzzleloader, Rifle