Nate, our pilot dropped us on a lake and as we flew in, we saw several large bull moose in the meadows surrounding the lake. We had a great hunt and saw moose each day and over the 8 days we hunted, we called in 10 bulls with more grunting that we never saw. We shot bulls on day 3, day 5 and day 7. Two were shot with archery and one was a rifle kill. This Alaska moose hunt was everything we wanted and more. It challenged us physically when packing out meat, and it was a complete wilderness experience. we saw black bears, a wolf from the plane and were able to harvest and eat a few tasty grouse. The moose tenderloins cooked over an open fire were delicious and 3 guys can eat two nights on one moose tenderloin, they are massive animals. One of the best wilderness hunts I have ever been on!!
We chose to take all of our own food and gear as we have good gear and are experienced hunters.
We went unguided. Another outfitter dropped four hunters off a half mile from our camp on another lake. We called our Outfitter and they got in touch with the other Outfitter and within 2 days the other camp was pulled out so we could have some solitude which is what you pay for on a hunt like this. That was the only trouble we had all week, and the outfitter took care of it immediately. Communication with the hanger was great, and they picked up our meat in a timely manner.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was fair.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Russ had been on this hunt a couple times, so it was awesome to talk to someone who had been there. He did a great job of getting us lined out on what we needed and what we did not need. The outfitter also has a detailed list of things to take. Very good planning and pre trip communication. Any questions we had, Russ would get right back to us. We also did a conference call with all us hunters and that was helpful.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.