Carl Woody, Unguided Alaskan Moose Hunt Report
Unguided Alaskan Moose Hunt
September 9th-21st, 2019
The moose hunt was everything I expected. We hunted the marsh flats and saw moose everyday of our hunt. Calling was key. Trusting your moose call is something I can’t stress enough. The most demanding aspect of this drop hunt for me was patience!
Camp was as good as it could be. The gear worked great. Food was great. The key piece of gear was our waders. Everything was wet and it was nice to be able to kneel or sit without getting wet. I took muck boots for around camp. I left my leather boots at the hangar.
All and all I would go again in a heart beat. The transporter did a good job and put us right in the middle of the moose.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes