His team do a really good job trying to keep you as positive and comfortable as they can while you wait to get into the field. Overall, I would say it was a great trip. One that I would go on again, and would definitely suggest to anyone who has a moose on their bucket list.
We had a great moose hunt. We were only able to kill one bull between the two of us, but did have an opportunity at another bull that we both decided to pass on. We also missed a great opportunity at a black bear, but that is hunting for ya. This is a great trip for the money, and I would do it again if given the chance. It is a SLOW hunt…prepare to sit for long hours calling and prepare to go multiple days without seeing many moose.
This hunt is fun, but requires a lot of patience and perseverance.
The only thing that potentially could have made our trip better was if we had been given a raft with our camp. Without the raft, we were pretty limited to only one side of the lake as far as legitimate hunting area. We saw plenty of moose on the other side, but as fast as they move in the tundra, there was going to be no way we could walk around to the other side and make a viable attempt at harvesting one of them. The raft would have given us more opportunities, but I do not feel that it cost us a moose in any way shape or form.
The outfitter does a good job…all things considered. It is totally organized chaos with all of the groups flying in and out each day. You can tell though that they are trying all that they can to make your Alaska experience as positive as possible. He has placed some very good people around him that work hard to accommodate you the best they can into and out of the field.
- Overall, my Alaska moose hunt was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was not an issue.
- The accommodations were not an issue.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.